Skip to Content Skip to Menu

user profile edit, but not show to other users

• comyoo
  • comyoo
11 years 6 months ago #217053 by comyoo
I edited the url to # because the redirection to index.php?option=com_comprofiler is creating a loop. Because you are viewing.

When I enable the settings as you mentioned, the following message is shown; Fout 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS):

So maybe we the redirect url is not right?
Because when 1 fill in the # and a message it is shown on frontpage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 5 months ago #217117 by krileon
Your conditional isn't working properly then as you're getting stuck in an infinite loop. Please provide a screenshot of how your auto action is configured.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• w8ing4u
  • w8ing4u
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #247640 by w8ing4u
I'm trying to achieve the same thing (a user can only view his own profile, moderators can view them all), but I ended up in an infinite loop. See my screenshot
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by w8ing4u.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 10 months ago #247772 by krileon
Try the below conditional, which is less dependent on a URL variable.

Trigger: onBeforeUserProfileRequest
User: User
Access: Everybody
Conditional: [var1_id] Not Equal To [user_id]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: w8ing4u

Moderators: beatnantkrileon