Problems with CB stream in response to CB API loading

7 years 4 months ago #288486 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I am having problems in implementing the new stream (great idea to have it though as it replaced stupid Jcomments). I have verified that the CB API is called (I am using the trigger “cbblogs-onBeforeUpdateBlog” for the moment as I cannot set the custom one). It indeed is in there (redirect upon trigger using auto action worked).
I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Debug does not show anything either ( testmunich.international-friends.net/events/ifm-activities/253-test-evet or see screenshot).
I have no conditions on it, have tried (just to be on the safe side) the [var1], [var2] as well as [var1_id], [var1_creator_name] etc…
See attached screenshots to see how I have set up auto action commenting stream (not any different than how it was set up).
Here is the trigger code that we are using:
$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'cbblogs_onBeforeUpdateBlog', array( $item->id, $item->published, $item->creator_name, $item->category_id));

Any idea what is going on?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #288497 by krileon
That trigger is fired during the store process of a blog (when it's updated). You are then trying to display a stream during that processes instead of log activity. That isn't going to work as there is no display output as it's a store process. Joomla doesn't fire a CB trigger so you can not output a stream to comment on Joomla articles with CB Auto Actions due to this. CB Activity 4.0.0 will include a content plugin and provide functionality for comment streams on Joomla articles.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #288499 by timstohr
Which trigger do you want me to use then? Will a custom trigger do the job? Otherwise I can use onGalleryModal trigger and simply condition it.

7 years 4 months ago #288503 by krileon
There is no trigger available for that usage. Joomla does not fire a CB trigger so you can not add anything to Joomla articles from CB Auto Actions. onGalleryModal is not designed for such a usage either. CB Activity 4.0.0 will have built in commenting functionality for Joomla articles. The only alternative at this time would be to make a Joomla content plugin that fires a CB trigger or renders a stream directly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #288504 by timstohr
I am not using a joomla article, I am using the event rendering of Event booking component. Should I use onGalleryModal trigger for that?

I have never talked about joomla article :)

7 years 4 months ago #288505 by krileon
Then you need to use a custom trigger implemented in your Event booking component.

Should I use onGalleryModal trigger for that?

No, onGalleryModal is not for that it's fired when a gallery modal is rendered.

I have never talked about joomla article

You mentioned JComments and it's used mostly for Joomla article comments so simply assumed; my apologizes.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn