Problems with CB stream in response to CB API loading

7 years 4 months ago #288907 by timstohr
Damn, not finished yet... I have displayed a custom stream just like you mentioned underneath my third party component.

I am displaying the full stream as module and I need to show the link of where the CB activity post was posted (like you do with the CB Gallery). The problem is "Where do I do that?"

I have attached a picture underneath that examplifies what I mean.

For the moment, the post is simply a post... whithout any link or subject or anything...
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #288913 by krileon
That you can't do without PHP as you need to act on the display output of the activity, parse specifically for your activity type, then override its display. The trigger to do that is activity_onDisplayActivity. You'll have to use a Code action with Method set to PHP and under Parameters set variables 1-8 to be references. You can then modify the activity output from your action. The trigger variables are as follows.

&$row, &$title, &$date, &$message, &$insert, &$footer, &$menu, &$extras, $stream, $output

Specifically in your case you'll need to modify $title, which would be done as follows in the code action.

$vars['var2'] = 'This is my title';

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #288919 by timstohr
Ah thanks, that is really helpful, problem is: I want to use one of the variables that I am sending through the CB API as "This is my title" ([var2] and that one to be a URL that is also sent through as variable ([var5]).

7 years 4 months ago #288927 by krileon
Your stream should be created with the ID of whatever object the stream is in relation to. So if it's an article you'd set the Item or Parent to the ID of that article for example. Next in your code action you'd build the article object from that ID and access whatever information you need from it. Note type, subtype, item, and parent will be gone in CB Activity 4.0.0 replaced by Asset so you'll need to remember to update your code usage when 4.0.0 comes out.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn