Updating database on Joomla and Communicator!

7 years 2 months ago #291899 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Updating database on Joomla and Communicator!
That's not how site optimization works. Joomla can have any number of extensions installed, which also affect performance. You could have any number of server configurations causing performance problems. You could have any number of database configurations causing performance problems.

Your database is not CB. It's Joomla. We add very few database tables to Joomlas database, which is powered by your server host.

We can not know what fields, plugins, etc.. you plan to create or install so large sites need to usually manually create custom database indexes as needed (shouldn't be needed unless you've something like 500,000+ users). Again, see below for what support provides.

www.joomlapolis.com/help-us-help-you

You've also provided very little as to what your issue even is. What performance problems exactly? Is backend just loading slow? Only in the control panel and CB or also in Joomla backend component views? Does the backend control panel not load at all? Have you tried disabling CBs admin modules in Extensions > Modules? Have you tried disabling the version checking within CB > Configuration > Integrations? Your issue could simply be due to the HTTPS calls for version checking taking too long.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn