language plugin cant cope with altered strings

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #292392 by carin
I have a bug in FF (did not test in other browsers). I have 50 strings in the overrides and every time I save, the strings that I changed are displayed on the page reload with their old values and I have to do an additional page reload to get the new values up. Without that additional reload I override the strings on the next save because their old values are displayed in the textareas.

CB 2.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #292411 by krileon
Works perfectly fine with the attached test override file. I pushed it to 100 in another test and still worked fine. You can verify that your changes are stored by checking the override file of your CB language plugin. The default language plugin override file can be found in the below folder for example.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language

Not sure what to suggest as that's certainly not enough inputs or data to hit input limits or POST limit. The values displayed are also not cached in any way and are parsed directly from the overrides.php file. Are you adding overrides to the default language or an installed language plugin?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

7 years 1 month ago #292466 by carin
I just confirmed it on a MacBook. Would admin access help so you can see for yourself?

CB 2.0

7 years 1 month ago #292474 by krileon
You confirmed same issue with the attached overrides file? Have you tried a different browser?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #292528 by carin
Tested agin and it is not reliably reproducable, same with your file. It happen on Windows and and Mac that sometimes the old strings get loaded but I cant say when an when not.

CB 2.0

7 years 1 month ago #292548 by krileon
I've no idea then. The way it supplies those values is we call a function to load them into the object. Doing so simply includes the file and the include returns the array in it, which is then passed to the XML. I've tried reproducing several times locally and on our demo site without any luck. Are you trying to add the overrides to the default language plugin or an installed language plugin? If installed language plugin are you able to trigger the issue in the default language plugin? It won't matter what computer you do this from as it's not likely to be a browser issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn