Error decoding JSON data: Control character error, possibly incorrectly encoded

5 years 11 months ago #304778 by grakula
Did you find the cause of the error?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304792 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and "Allow CMS User Parameters" was set to "No" within CB > Configuration > User Profile. Have set to "Yes" and configured all but timezone to hide. User params now display and process fine, but this won't fix existing broken users; see my previous replies on how to fix those.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304805 by grakula
The field params is displayed. But the damaged user is still unavailable. You gave the link www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/236528-0-error-decoding-json-data-syntax-error#293524
But from this post I did not understand what exactly it is necessary to do in PhpMyAdmin.

5 years 11 months ago #304815 by krileon
You have to fix broken users manually. This is done by resetting the params column in the _users database table to valid JSON for the user (or all your users).

UPDATE `xx_users` SET `params` = '{}' WHERE `id` = yyy

Using phpmyadmin run the above database query after you've replaced xx with the prefix of your Joomla database tables (e.g. jos so jos_users) and replace yyy with the id the user that's having this issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn