Connections disappeared

5 years 9 months ago #306573 by innovationdenmark
Replied by innovationdenmark on topic Connections disappeared
Because Left side and Right side positions have nothing to do with the canvas layout. Only the positions prefixed with Canvas will display in the canvas layout. Everything else is below it or above it. If you're having issues configuring things run the Canvas Layout tool in CB > Tools and it will force the canvas layout configuration. This has always been the case since CB 2.x released and isn't specific to the B4 implementation.

Yes I understand that.

Before the update I could view 2 columns on an iPad. Do you mean that 2 columns do not work on an iPad? The content in the colums I have is very small and before the update I could view 2 columns on an iPad. Naturally if the content is too big there is no room.
The same things goes for list view. It flowed out better before.

I am really sorry to burden you with this, but the layout is just not working for me after this update. Even if I just place an 50 pixel size image in right side, it still does not position itself on the right side on an iPad. Just below the other fields. It just did not do that before.

Because Left side and Right side positions have nothing to do with the canvas layout.

Yes I understand that. I do not have anyting in Canvas right and canvas left anytmore, since nothing seem to show up in those positions after the update.
In the above I talk about right side and left side positions (not canvas left and canvas right). I moved everything to be able to use a 2 column layout.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #306581 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Connections disappeared

Before the update I could view 2 columns on an iPad. Do you mean that 2 columns do not work on an iPad? The content in the colums I have is very small and before the update I could view 2 columns on an iPad. Naturally if the content is too big there is no room.
The same things goes for list view. It flowed out better before.

Are you viewing on the iPad in Portrait or Landscape? What size is the iPad?

Even if I just place an 50 pixel size image in right side, it still does not position itself on the right side on an iPad. Just below the other fields. It just did not do that before.

That suggest the responsive grid is collapsing it under as it should. Will need to know the dimensions of your iPad and if you're using landscape or portrait so I can replicate the viewspace and see what's happening.

since nothing seem to show up in those positions after the update.

Tabs should display in those positions perfectly fine as long as their display mode is appropriate for them. For example you'd want to use "Div without Title" display mode for those positions. See the "User Status" table for example, which will display as shown on our demo site below (right side fields output is the "User Status" tab).

demo.cbdemosites.com/profiles/susan?tab=Contact%20Info

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 8 months ago #306649 by innovationdenmark
Replied by innovationdenmark on topic Connections disappeared
Thank you for your response.

Here is a photo of:

iPad with profile-layout..Connections tab is a "button" positioned in right side. Link to profile: whogreen.com/who/encina-ewa
iPad with profile-layout..Connections tab is "div with title" positioned in righ side. Link to profile: whogreen.com/who/encina-ewa

iPad with CB list-view. Link to list-view: whogreen.com/featured-2018

There should be plenty of room to flow the list-view out horizontally and to show the connections button on the right side like you see it on a PC.
As mentioned before the last update the list-view flowed out horizontally positioned itself on the right on an iPad and so did the right side content.

The iPad is about 19.8 cm in with and 15.8 cm in height (screen area).
Attachments:

5 years 8 months ago #306681 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Connections disappeared
Don't know what to suggest. Your site displays perfectly fine in emulation. It's entirely based off the viewport size so device doesn't particularly matter; just the viewport dimensions. Try installing latest CB over top of it self and clearing all cache for your site to ensure out of date CSS isn't being loaded. If issue persists try switching to Joomlas default protostar template and see if issue persists to see if it's some sort of conflict.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.572 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn