connections not displaying name

4 years 11 months ago #312220 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic connections not displaying name
When I put the tab placed in a not shown on profile position with the avatar and canvas user cant edit them in profile edit.
I used Custom HTML field in a tab where they used to be displayed in the profile layout.
So they do display but user cant edit them in profile edit because there in do not display on profile? see attached.

I originally had a set of radio buttons on a settings tab that are conditional against the tabs {like you said in link below} where the user can decide which tabs they do or do not display tab on profile that works but it hides the canvas and avatar in connections this is my problem.

I need the user to be able to choose whether they want to see the tab that has the avatar and canvas in it or not.
But still see the connections avatar and canvas in profile.

Refer your last comment on the thread below you said this:

That can be done using CB Conditional to show/hide various tabs/fields. Create a select field for the user to select their profile type then condition other tabs/fields off that profile type fields value. For example 1 profile type could hide the canvas tab and field.
How mine hides it in connections?

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/230031-separate-profile-for-business-and-user

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #312235 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic connections not displaying name

When I put the tab placed in a not shown on profile position with the avatar and canvas user cant edit them in profile edit.

The not shown on profile position has nothing to do with profile edit. You more than likely are changing something else in addition to the tab position. Be sure the fields are still set to display on profile and profile edit within CB > Field Management. Also ensure the tab is still set to Public access. If it's still not displaying then you maybe using CB Conditional or CB Privacy on the tab and/or fields limiting the access to it.

I originally had a set of radio buttons on a settings tab that are conditional against the tabs {like you said in link below} where the user can decide which tabs they do or do not display tab on profile that works but it hides the canvas and avatar in connections this is my problem.

Edit your conditions and expand the Locations fieldset and ensure the condition is only applying to profile view. Beyond that it's working as intended.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn