separate profile for business and user

8 years 11 months ago #265501 by matthewdavey
separate profile for business and user was created by matthewdavey
Is it possible to have a separate profile for business and user
Eg; on sign up maybe have a radio button saying business or user
Then when select user have the normal CBuilder canvas layout
and when select business you could have a custom layout totally different from standard canvas layout with tabs in different places and custom field instead of canvas and no canvas at all?
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #265557 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic separate profile for business and user
2 profiles per user? We don't have any such feature, but I think CB Profile Pro can possibly do it. If you mean a single profile type per registration then that's easily done using CB Conditional to show/hide various tabs/fields based off another field (your profile type field).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago #268680 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic separate profile for business and user
Do you mean a single profile type per registration then that's easily done using CB Conditional to show/hide various tabs/fields based off another field (your profile type field). I think I know what you mean by filling out fields it shows fields and tabs depending what you fill out do you mean on regestrationthen that profile look is saved forever?
Otherwise its the same as filling out a field or not its showed or its not showed.

My
Profile Template is set to default with no other options.

What I want is to be able to select different profiles that suit either a business or a person.
Rather than default from Profile Template.
I think I used to have this years ago It used to change the look the css in CB 1.8 why do you have Profile Template field is there any videos or documentation on this? Thanks

With CB Profile pro can I have my standard profile I have already created and then make a canvas one like your standard profile that comes with CB 2.0 and then 10 other profile pages similar to displayed in CB Profile pro and be able to change any time i want in edit profile?
Thanks

8 years 9 months ago #268704 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic separate profile for business and user
That can be done using CB Conditional to show/hide various tabs/fields. Create a select field for the user to select their profile type then condition other tabs/fields off that profile type fields value. For example 1 profile type could hide the canvas tab and field. You can have multiple displays of a single field, like the avatar, by using substitutions in Custom HTML fields so you can have the avatar in different locations based off profile type. This can also be done with CBSubs and plans using CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection.

Another option is CB Template Changer then develop new CB templates for CB with different profile layouts.

Beyond that we offer nothing else. We do have plans for layouts and a layout editor at some point, but won't be anytime soon.

I can't answer your questions regarding CB Profile Pro, we're not its developer.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn