Private Message Icon invisible on profile header

4 years 10 months ago #312634 by Sekulla
The latest version/build that is available on the CB site is;

pkg_communitybuilder_2.4.2+2019.05.15.12.08.14.53976fcf2

which I updated on the 15 May and this is what I believe was installed. I downloaded again from the CB site to be certain and reinstalled but the same invisible envelop issues remains.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312635 by krileon
My mistake, read the version incorrectly. Bit of a sunburn brain going on here after spending too much time outside! lol.

Have reviewed your install again. Navigate to a users profile then switch to default Joomla protostar template. Next refresh the page. The icon then displays fine. This confirms the issue is caused by the Joomla template. I however didn't see any CSS that could be conflicting. The only thing that could be causing this then is your Joomla template is overriding the FontAwesome font-family. Was able to find where it is doing exactly that as follows.

IN: /templates/wt_blank_pro/styles/Copernical/css/theme.css
ON: Line 3920 - 3925
@font-face {
  font-family: 'FontAwesome';
  src: url("../../../warp/vendor/uikit/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff2") format('woff2'), url("../../../warp/vendor/uikit/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff") format("woff"), url("../../../warp/vendor/uikit/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf") format("truetype");
  font-weight: normal;
  font-style: normal;
}

Removing the above resolves the issue. They're either loading an older or newer version of fontawesome. If they're loading v5 then you'll need to be sure the fontawesome shim is loaded to provide backwards compatibility. If they're loading an older version it needs to be updated to latest v4. Since the templates CSS is loading after components CSS (odd load order) we can't override it or do anything about this.

The shims can be found below. Good news is looks like they now offer a CSS based upgrade shim so it certainly makes it more possible for us to upgrade CB to v5 soon.

fontawesome.com/how-to-use/on-the-web/setup/upgrading-from-version-4#shims

I don't know what more to suggest beyond contact the developer of your template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312638 by Sekulla
Dear Kyle,

I have disabled warp theme UIKIT icons on the template it all works well now. This will suffice until the template provider can get their act together.

I cannot thank you enough for all the analysis and debugging you put into this problem. I have not received anywhere near the quality level of support I have received from CB and you personally.

Thanks again. I am very happy I chose CB over any other social component with this excellent level of support.

If I had your address would send you sun factor 50+ for well a earned day out in the sun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

4 years 10 months ago #312639 by krileon
Glad I could be of help. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sekulla

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn