Private Message Icon invisible on profile header

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312602 by Sekulla
Hi Kyle,

Sorry to trouble you again. I have not had much response from my template provider on this so have investigated further on my own. I have left my ticket open with the template provider but it is taking time.

It seems the WT Blank template does not use FA v5 and seems to use UIKIT for its icons and I cannot see where the conflict is coming from but my experience here is limited. However, after inspecting the envelop icon on the profile view using google chrome I found the icon is linked to the following line:

<span class="fa fa-lg fa-envelope-open"></span>

When I change this in real time in google chrome to

<span class="fa fa-lg fa-envelope"></span>

The icon of a closed envelop becomes visible and all works well.

I would like to make that change permanent in my CB installation pending a more effective solution from the template provider. However, I cannot see where to make this change in the installation. Google chrome shows the source of that line is;

.../index.php/network/profile/view-profile

But I cannot find the file that has that line. Could you please point me in the right direction or advise if I should pursue that solution.

Many thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312619 by krileon
fa-envelope-open is a valid fontawesome v4 icon. Did you disable CBs fontawesome within CB > Configuration > Integrations? That would prevent CBs from loading and would use whatever fontawesome is being loaded on your site. UIKIT should not conflict with fontawesome as they've different namespaces. The icon swaps between fa-envelope-open and fa-envelope depending on if there are messages or not.

You absolutely should not be needing to change the code. You have a conflict coming from somewhere. The best way to find it is right click and inspect element on the icon then review its CSS in your browsers developer console to see what could be overriding the CSS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312624 by Sekulla
Thanks Kyle, I was using the browsers developer console but cannot see anything unusual but my CSS skills are very limited. I am quite stuck with this now.

CBs fontawesome within CB > Configuration > Integrations is enabled.

I've attached a screen capture of the profile with the missing envelope. In case that triggers any further ideas.
Tx
Attachments:

4 years 10 months ago #312627 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312629 by Sekulla
Thank you so much, I just pm'ed you.

4 years 10 months ago #312632 by krileon
Have reviewed your install. CB is out of date. You currently have the latest stable and not the latest build. Please update to latest build, clear Joomla cache, then confirm if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn