Editor Text Area and JCE

1 year 5 months ago #331166 by bmeeker
Editor Text Area and JCE was created by bmeeker
Is there a way to utilize JCE as the editor for the frontend Editor Text Area?
If not - is there a way to get TinyMice to show the images folder?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #331175 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editor Text Area and JCE
You can use whatever Joomla editor you want. If JCE is set as your editor (either globally or within your user parameters) then that's the editor you should see within CB. What TinyMCE editor features are available are entirely up to you. CB has no control over your editor we just display it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 5 months ago #331179 by bmeeker
Replied by bmeeker on topic Editor Text Area and JCE
Thanks for your response.

My goal is to provide a client access site like I built long ago with Joomla 1.5 and CB. I could use JCE in the frontend with that version of the CB Editor Text Area.

I am trying to use JCE in the Editor Text Area with CB Core Fields Ajax and it does not work on the front end. It just shows an edit box with source code and not the WYSIWYG editor. JCE works fine in the backend. I have looked at the frontend configuration for JCE and it seems to be correct. But, I could be missing something.

My hold-back to updating to the newest CB has been the frontend editing capabilities of Editor Text Area for my logged in clients to make changes, add images, etc.
I need it to be simple and allow them access to the site's image folders.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

1 year 5 months ago #331181 by krileon
As long as the editor properly uses Joomla API to initialize it will work. It seams JCE is not doing that. There's nothing I can really do about this. My guess is JCE has some custom way for loading its editor JavaScript which is why it's failing in CB Core Fields Ajax. Does JCE work in CB profile edit fine?

Joomla 4 is using a newer TinyMCE which is quite powerful; is there a reason you need JCE specifically?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 5 months ago #331188 by bmeeker
Replied by bmeeker on topic Editor Text Area and JCE
I am a long-time CB user and built an elaborate Joomla 1.5 site for my clients to manage info on their clients.
In Joomla1.5, the Text Editor Area worked with JCE and JCE can be programmed to provide canned content and styles.

I have been hedging on upgrading because CB doesn't work with JCE and I was also using some third party software that is no longer available to work with CB.
But it is time to create a new version on stable platform.

I need to provide my clients with the functionality of having a file manager capability to select images and videos from the existing image folders on their profiles.
I do not know what plugins might work for that, or if I can use TinyMCE6 with CB, which has the file manager for images/media.

POTENTIAL BUG? - the TinyMCE CMS Content dropdown does not seem to work in the front end with Editor Text Area. It works in the front end when editing the page, but not with the Editor Text Area field. It shows the button and options, but nothing happens when clicking the options.

One other observation, the Editor Text Area goes to source code when opening to edit a second time, It takes refreshing the browser to make it show the editing options instead of just code. This is while using the standard TinyMCE.

BTW - This is a brand new Joomla 4.2.3 site, with new download of CB and using PHP 8.0.

1 year 5 months ago #331196 by krileon
Please be sure you've latest CB build release and latest CB Core Fields Ajax build release installed. The double edit bug has already been fixed.

POTENTIAL BUG? - the TinyMCE CMS Content dropdown does not seem to work in the front end with Editor Text Area. It works in the front end when editing the page, but not with the Editor Text Area field. It shows the button and options, but nothing happens when clicking the options.

Was able to confirm and am looking into it.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9051

Am also looking into why JCE is failing to load in ajax edit and will see if it can be fixed within CB Core Fields Ajax.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9052

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn