Editor Text Area and JCE

1 year 6 months ago #331204 by bmeeker
Replied by bmeeker on topic Editor Text Area and JCE
Kyle - thank you for looking into this!
I'm hoping you can find a resolution. It would mean a lot!

BTW - I am using CB 2.7.4 on a brand new Joomla 4.2.3 site using PHP 8.0.
I just reloaded the CB Core Fields Ajax  - Date: 2022/10/10, but think I already had it loaded.
After reloading, I am experiencing the same thing when closing and reopening the Editor Text Area in the front end - second time is still just code. Both in Edge and Chrome.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago #331209 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editor Text Area and JCE
Ok, content plugins and their modal windows fixed. Looking into why JCE won't load now. Still not seeing a double-edit issue that you're seeing. Are you seeing that with TinyMCE?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #331210 by krileon
A new CB Core Fields Ajax build release is now available. This fixes TinyMCE content dropdown and also fixes JCE not loading.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #331212 by bmeeker
Great job Kyle!
I appreciate you getting this looked at and resolved so fast.

One other issue that has plagued me - why does the Editor Text Area drop out iframes? It did it on the older version I used and hoped it would work now.

I tried using the media button in both TinyMCE and JCE to add a Youtube video which automatically adds the embedded video as an iframe.
You can see the video in the edit window before saving, but once saved, the entire iframe code is gone.

I can get the iframe to work when editing the frontend content, but not the Editor Text Area.

Thanks again

1 year 6 months ago #331213 by krileon
We apply filtering to fields for security. iframes are a security vulnerability. If you insist on allowing users to use them then you need to allow it in CB > Confuguration > User Profile in the filter parameter. I do not recommend doing this. They can share external media safely using CB Gallery.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

1 year 6 months ago #331217 by bmeeker
Thanks again Kyle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn