Auto Join Groups

1 year 5 months ago #331403 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic Auto Join Groups
OK, it's working now but I'll have to find another way. Because now that the group category is public public can see the groups and the users in the groups. I want that hidden. 
I'll try again with the AutoActions now that I have made GroupJive itself public.

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #331410 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Join Groups
You should be able to prevent access by using Joomla menu items. So for example set category access to Public, but set the menu access to reach GJ to Registered. What category access were you using? It's possible an improvement to the auto join field behavior would be the best solution. For example I can have it check category access based off the usergroup they're about to have once they become registered, which would be based off the new user registration usergroup parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 5 months ago #331444 by AlanJones
OK, I will give that a try. The usergroup they're about to have is "Registered" which is the new user group and I can set those menu items to "Registered" access for the category and Public for the GJ Category.
Thanks... I will get back to it, some other stuff jumped the queue.

Own Your Own Community!

1 year 5 months ago #331495 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto Join Groups
Have released CB GroupJive 3.5.1. There's now an option in the auto join field to ignore category access checks. This should solve your issue with inaccessible groups due to category access.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 5 months ago #331497 by AlanJones
Wow, that's great Thank you!

Own Your Own Community!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds