Graduated or Scalable Registration Form

10 months 2 weeks ago #334075 by Fendermate
Graduated or Scalable Registration Form was created by Fendermate
My site focuses on professionals within the Automotive Service Industry, and the clear majority of my content is for 'our eyes only'. My CB registration form is used to both manage the members and to review new ones by asking key, simple questions the general public could not answer. 
The problem is that it is lengthy for the first-time visitor. see form www.asbn.ca/asbn-free-registraion
I would like to split that up into different forms with the first one being Membership Classification, Full Name, User, and Password, to get things started and more signups.
Then additional forms that focus their profiles for their classification.
I do have conditionals set up for each classification, but that's still one long form.
I could really use the help with the logic and setup. 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #334076 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Graduated or Scalable Registration Form
Suggest organizing your fields into different tabs then edit the default template in CB > Plugin Management and set registration to Tabbed or Step by Step layout. This would break up the form across multiple steps making it a bit less overwhelming. You can also completely create your own layout there using HTML and substitutions with custom CSS applied in the Overrides tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 2 weeks ago #334077 by Fendermate
Replied by Fendermate on topic Graduated or Scalable Registration Form
Okay. I think I get what you're saying. Actually no.
I'll have to digest that.

10 months 2 weeks ago #334081 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Graduated or Scalable Registration Form
Below is my blog post about the layout functionality. That might give you a bit more idea about how it works.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/19009-profile-layouts

Forum update below showing the registration layouts.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/245506-profile-layouts-joomla-fields-and-more#332426

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.387 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn