Not possible to upload to user gallery anymore ?

4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #336270 by rbuelund
After one of the latest updates it is no longer possible for users to upload images to their CB galleries - has anything changed, any setting I need to alter ??
The upload button is simply not there anymore.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 months 2 weeks ago #336273 by krileon
The only recent changes in CB Gallery were Joomla 5 compatibility which was just renaming alias PHP class usages to their namespaced usages. Fixing a folder assignment issue after uploading/linking media. Lastly a new view option for displaying the media modal popup as an inline page.

Nothing regarding uploading was changed. The button not being visible is usually some sort of access permission related configuration. Review your settings carefully globally within CB > Plugin Management > CB Gallery. For profile galleries they can override the globals within CB > Tab Management > Gallery so you may want to check if your overrode any settings there as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 months 1 week ago #336288 by rbuelund
This is odd... global setting is allow to upload and pane setting is "Same as global" - so I do not get it! Is there any other setting that could block the upload of images to user albums ? I have set no limit.

4 months 1 week ago #336298 by krileon
Maybe it's just a styling problem? Did you apply any custom CSS? It's possible the button is just being hidden by CSS. If still unable to find the cause please PM backend super user login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 months 1 week ago #336300 by rbuelund
It was not a styling problem - in fact I do not know what the problem was. I deleted an album on my own account and all of a sudden the Add media button was back.

4 months 1 week ago #336308 by krileon
Strange, do you have an album limit set? Might be a bug with the media buttons condition taking into account album limit by mistake.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn