Joomla 4 upgrade: Can't update user profile

4 months 4 days ago #336374 by bradymc
I started here and have a very similar problem...
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/professional-members-support/244920-solved-joomla-4-cannot-update-user-profile
Unfortunately their resolution was found by unpublishing a menu item which didn't help me.

I'm nearing the end of migrating this website to Joomla 4. CB was my last check. I can view my profile, but when I try to edit the profile it shows the "view" view and not the "edit" view. Turning off SEF fixes the problem (but that's not a solution). Turning off URL Rewriting has no effect. I have no other CB menu items pointing to "edit profile"... not even trashed.
This message contains confidential information

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 months 3 days ago #336375 by bradymc
Replied by bradymc on topic Joomla 4 upgrade: Can't update user profile
I just just tested other CB menu items and discovered that they do not work either unless I turn off SEF URLs. The below shows the menu name followed by access in parentheses and what is happening.
Login (guest), Create New Account (guest), and Forgot Login (guest) all show nothing... meaning the main body has nothing - there's just the header and footer on the page.
View Profile (user), Edit Profile (user), and Logout (user) all show profile view

I was using PHP 8.1 and had switched to 8.2. So I switched back to 8.1 and even tried 8.0 with no change in luck.

I know it's the holidays and may take you some time to reply. I've made the website live, but removed the display of the CB links from the "My 3D" menu. They are still active. Links are pasted in confidential area. I replaced them with non-SEF URLs so clients can access account functions.

This message contains confidential information

4 months 6 hours ago #336389 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Joomla 4 upgrade: Can't update user profile
You unpublished "Community Builder System plugin" in System > Extensions > Plugins. That's CBs core Joomla system plugin and it's mandatory for CB to function completely in Joomla with SEO enabled. I've republished it for you and your menu items work fine again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 4 weeks ago #336406 by bradymc
Something quirky is going on then. I assume this is being caused by my migration from Joomla 3 to 4 because I've found other random bugs like access being changed from one group to another. I wouldn't have unpublished that plugin. You said that you published it, but when I went into the admin today, it was unpublished. I keep getting "The most recent request was denied because it had an invalid security token. Please go back or refresh the page and try again." when trying to login so I checked to see if there were any other plugins that may need to be turned on. I saw a CB redirect plugin that was off so I turned it on. Now everything in my Admin gives me a "Class "JError" not found" message.

3 months 4 weeks ago #336408 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Joomla 4 upgrade: Can't update user profile

I saw a CB redirect plugin that was off so I turned it on. Now everything in my Admin gives me a "Class "JError" not found" message.

Did you not update everything before migrating? Please be sure to always have your extensions and plugins for those extensions completely up to date before updating Joomla. Your CB Redirect Bot is likely out of date as it's trying to run its Joomla 3 code based off that error.

Delete the following folder.

/plugins/system/cbredirectbot

Once back into Joomla install latest CB Redirect Bot.

I assume this is being caused by my migration

Did you use a 3rd party extension to migrate or did you just update into Joomla 4? You shouldn't need a tool to migration from 3 to 4.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 4 weeks ago - 3 months 4 weeks ago #336413 by bradymc
Everything was updated before the migration. I know a tool isn't needed for migration, but I chose to use MigrateMe 4 to save some time.

I followed your instructions to remove the redirect folder and reinstall. But when I went to publish the plugin, I had the same "Class JError" result.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn