Wrong price charged for auto recurring in CB Subs

3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #336418 by rbuelund
We have changed the price of plans some month ago, but now when the users who last year choose Auto recurring payment start to get charged (That happens right now), they are only charged the old amount, not the new that is set on the plan - this is not good !! What to do ???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 3 weeks ago #336419 by rbuelund
I belive that if a price is changed on a plan then somehow the auto recurring payment for that plan whjich allready have been set, should be cancelled ???

3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #336420 by rbuelund
I have now deactivated the cron job that triggers the auto payment, but this needs a solid solution - what to do in the future if the price of a plan changes ? Should I delete all the baskets of the users who have auto recurring set now or will that cause problems ? I would rather not have that the users are charged once again when I activate the cron job for auto recurring payment again in a month or so...

3 months 3 weeks ago #336427 by krileon
Changing prices does not apply to recurring pricing. That's impossible to do for basically all payment providers as they establish recurring agreements and once a time period (usually like 24 hours) has passed that agreement can't be modified. You would need to cancel their recurring payments within the payment provider so they don't get billed on the next cycle forcing them to manually renew at the new price. For payment processors where CBSubs has to trigger the recurring billing you can modify the subscriptions either in CBSubs > Subscriptions (click # under ID column) or in the database to turn off recurring for them.

We'll be trying to redo a lot of this in CBSubs release for CB 3.x (basically a CBSubs rewrite) as we'll be switching to token billing if possible. Token billing will let us entirely maintain the recurring billing cycle, which will allow price changes during recurring payments. Token billing however will limit us pretty much to Stripe and PayPal exclusively as a lot of older payment processors do not support token billing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 3 weeks ago #336431 by rbuelund
I cannot see this anywhere: CBSubs > Subscriptions (click # under ID column)    ??? There is no # in the ID column.
How would I disable the recurring in the database ??
It is a very very big work to manually delete all subscriptions add Quickpay - + 300 subscribers !

3 months 3 weeks ago #336435 by krileon

I cannot see this anywhere: CBSubs > Subscriptions (click # under ID column) ??? There is no # in the ID column.

The table is large you'll need to scroll it right. You should see a scrollbar at the bottom of the table.

How would I disable the recurring in the database ??

Since QuickPay uses the internal scheduler you can cancel them in the database by setting the following for their row in the _cbsubs_subscriptions table.

autorenew_type = 0
autorecurring_type = 0

Next for their basket you need to set the following in _cbsubs_payment_baskets.

scheduler_state = (empty string)
scheduler_next_maturity = 0000-00-00 00:00:00

That should completely shut off recurring for that subscription as if it was a manual payment.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn