Wrong price charged for auto recurring in CB Subs

3 months 3 weeks ago #336439 by rbuelund
Would it not be an idea to create an alert whenever a price on a plan is changed, and then somewhere make a function that can reset theese parameters in the db for this sepcific plan id ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 3 weeks ago #336440 by krileon
Not sure what you mean. You cannot change the price of a recurring subscription. These are billing agreements established with payment processors and can't be changed. Changing the price won't cancel the existing recurring subscriptions because they are allowed to continue to function like normally. We'll be rewriting a lot of this in a future CBSubs release when we switch to a token based billing method.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 3 weeks ago #336442 by rbuelund
To clarify: I use CBSubs for the memebers in our Kayak club being able to pay their membership onve every year (1/1). If we are to change the membership fee - we have to be able to cancel all recurring payment subscriptions, so that the members will have to enter the site and accept the new price by entering their card informations again. Is that clearer ?

3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #336443 by krileon
Then I don't understand why you're using recurring payments if you need to change the fee every year. I suggest using manual renewals if you need to make pricing adjustments regularly.

Will add support for cancelling only the recurring payments for a subscription in next CB Auto Actions release. New release won't be available until likely next week as we're preparing for CB Activity 6.0.0 release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 3 weeks ago #336444 by rbuelund
We do not need to change the membership price every year - but it happens that the board decides that it is necessary to change the price (maybe once every 5-10 years), and then we (and I believe other clubs that use CBSubs in this way - I maintain another MC club where the problem is exactly the same). Therefore this function would be a big wish.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn