Activity Tab 6.0

2 months 4 weeks ago #336891 by 100mile
Replied by 100mile on topic Activity Tab 6.0
Done:  Please Re-Install to Retry. 
 Done: Please run CB > Tools > Check Community Builder Database to attempt to correct your database collation. Everything come back green and says all ok.

Now what?

System Information
Joomla: 5.0.2
Community Builder: 2.9.1
PHP: 8.2.15
Database: mysql 8.0.35-0ubuntu0.20.04.1

Package
File: 000_plug_cbactivity_6.0.1+build.2024.01.29.18.22.05.6e721fb50.zip
Log:
CB Activity Migration (oprhaned_activity) Failed! Please Re-Install to Retry. This looks like a database collation problem. CB Activity requires a unicode database collation with utf8mb4 encoding. Please run CB > Tools > Check Community Builder Database to attempt to correct your database collation. Alternatively use phpMyAdmin or similar to correct collations under the Operations tab. The recommended collation is utf8mb4_unicode_ci. Error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'like'

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 4 weeks ago #336892 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity Tab 6.0
You'll have to fix the collation manually as the error says to do. Your table collation is completely wrong for a Joomla install (utf8mb4_0900_ai_ci) and should be utf8mb4_unicode_ci. You can use phpMyAdmin and the Operations tab tool to fix collation for all tables and their columns. I will try to add an additional installer fix for this, but I can't guarantee that'll work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 4 weeks ago #336893 by 100mile
I am sorry to say and display my ignorance, but everything you suggest I do is GREEK to me.  No offense to the Greek.
I would not have a clue to do what is posted.

2 months 4 weeks ago - 2 months 4 weeks ago #336895 by krileon
Try running all the database fix tools in CB > Tools, starting with "Check Community Builder Database" and working your way down. If there's any errors, they'll be red, they'll have a fix link. Click that fix link to fix any database issues. Then retry install. If still not working you'll need to wait for a new build release tomorrow where I'll try adding additional fixes for databases with collation problems like yours. The alternative is you can try contacting your host to see if they'll fix the database collation for all tables and their columns to utf8mb4_unicode_ci.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 4 weeks ago #336896 by 100mile
This is the only error displayed,
CB plugin "CB Activity": CB Activity has no readable xml file /home/realeasy/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/cbactivity.xml

2 months 4 weeks ago #336897 by krileon
I do not have any further solutions for you at this time then outlined above. Will review further improving the installer to account for additional collation issues tomorrow, but your database has a completely wrong collation for a Joomla install and will be a problem as time goes on.

The only real way to fix that is as instructed above. Your hosting panel should have software called phpMyAdmin. Login to that and click your database on the left in the sidebar. From there click the Operations tab at the very top. Now scroll down to the "Collation" section and in the dropdown select utf8mb4_unicode_ci. Now click the "Change all tables collations" checkbox followed by the "Change all tables columns collations" checkbox. Once that's done click the "Go" button bottom right of the "Collation" section. That should fix your table collations once and for all.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds