Recent Activity

2 months 4 weeks ago #336873 by Ppetrik
Recent Activity was created by Ppetrik
I have an idea that the activity stream (Menu item - Recent Activity) will be only from "groupjive" and users will only be able to comment , like or share individual posts, without the ability to post their own posts. How can I disable the ability to add posts to the activity stream  (Menu item - Recent Activity)? In the group itself on the activity tab, users could still add their posts.

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 4 weeks ago - 2 months 4 weeks ago #336874 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Recent Activity
Create a new activity stream in CB Activity > Streams > Activity (or "Activity Streams" button in CB > Plugin Management) and turn off posting functionality under the Create tab. Then under Filters set the Default Asset to groupjive.group.% and it should show all GJ posts. Streams are entirely configured from the streams page and you can have as many of them as you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 4 weeks ago #336882 by Ppetrik
Replied by Ppetrik on topic Recent Activity
Everything is set up according to the instructions, but I can't get to the streaming page. I'm getting a message: "Not authorized." as a registered user.

I have one more problem. I'm a bit confused in the setup. In addition, somewhere I turned on the function see the string "jeENABLE_OR_DISABLE_TRACKING_OF_POST_VIEWS_A_VIEW_IS_c70c42" but I have no idea where :-) 

Thank you for your help

2 months 4 weeks ago #336883 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Recent Activity

Everything is set up according to the instructions, but I can't get to the streaming page. I'm getting a message: "Not authorized." as a registered user.

Create a Joomla menu item with a menu type of Community Builder > Plugin. Then for Plugin select CB Activity. Now for Action select Activity. Finally select your newly created stream in the Stream parameter. That's all you need to do for a menu item to your new stream. If you're getting access denied issues then the stream isn't accessible. Edit it in CB Activity > Streams > Activity and set its Access parameter to Registered or try Public.

I have one more problem. I'm a bit confused in the setup. In addition, somewhere I turned on the function see the string

I'm guessing you turned on language string debugging in CB > Configuration > Integrations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 4 weeks ago - 2 months 4 weeks ago #336885 by Ppetrik
 Yes, I did. But I see the error now. (Admin access)

Call to a member function getInt() on null
1     ()     JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/default/activity/core/group.php:129

The problem is after setting the filters

Attachments:

2 months 4 weeks ago #336886 by Ppetrik

one more problem. I'm a bit confused in the setup. In addition, somewhere I turned on the function see the stringI'm guessing you turned on language string debugging in CB > Configuration > Integrations.

No, I spelled it wrong. I'm sorry.  I'm looking feature "Enable tracking of post views. " where is it set in CB? I want to deactivate the function and I don't know where.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.479 seconds