Activity Tab - Connections

2 months 4 weeks ago #336925 by 100mile
Activity Tab - Connections was created by 100mile
Can you only view the Activity Tab of  members you are connected too?
Is there an option for this?
Or is this intentional?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 4 weeks ago #336926 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity Tab - Connections
It's not limited to connections. Can you be more specific about what your issue is?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 4 weeks ago #336927 by 100mile
Replied by 100mile on topic Activity Tab - Connections
I can only view the Activity Tab of members I am Connected to.
If I visit a Profile of a Member I am NOT connected to, their Activity Tab is not displayed. 
And yes, these members do have Activity in their profile.

2 months 4 weeks ago #336928 by krileon
There's no access permissions for that in CB Activity. The connection checks that do exist are for commenting on or liking content. My best guess is you've privacy controls enabled for the Activity tab in CB > Tab Management and the activity tabs privacy is set to Connections. Did you install CB Quickstart? If so then those privacy controls do exist and do default to connections. You can adjust the defaults or turn off privacy controls in CB > Tab Management > Activity > Integrations > CB Privacy.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 4 weeks ago #336930 by 100mile
Replied by 100mile on topic Activity Tab - Connections
Display is set to Default>Same as Global
CB > Tab Management > Activity > Integrations > CB Privacy>Display> Default>Same as Global

Does the Activity Plugin have anything to do with this?

I believe you still have my login info.

The hosting service loaded CB for me so I presume they used Quick Start

2 months 4 weeks ago #336936 by krileon
If default is "Same as Global" then it'll use the default from CB Privacy > Parameters > Privacy > Display.

This all assumes the profile didn't save a privacy rule yet. Edit the profile and check the privacy of the Activity tab. It will probably be under a centralized Privacy tab since you've CB Quickstart applied so all privacy controls are configured there. The privacy for the Activity tab is likely set to Connections. If this is a live site then that's what the user decided they wanted their activity privacy to be though.

If you don't want privacy rules at all for the activity tab then you can disable privacy controls by editing the Activity tab in CB > Tab Management then under Integrations > CB Privacy turn off privacy controls.

I believe you still have my login info.

We do not do install reviews every time you have an issue unless we suspect a bug that we need to investigate. Please keep in mind we're not a contracted personal web developer, which would cost considerably more, so we're limited to what we can assist you with.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn