Activity Tab - Connections

2 months 4 weeks ago #336940 by 100mile
Replied by 100mile on topic Activity Tab - Connections
Sorry, if I seem to be bothering you.
However, I do like to solve my own problems and do know when I cannot.
I have tried everything you have stated, so I am getting nothing new here.
The settings for Activity in the Profile is set to Public,  I checked this before.
This propblem was not displayed or noticed before I did the Activity update and this is why I said, I believe you still have my login info.
I am not being lazy or cheap here, I believe there is a fly in the ointment again.
Can I please have this fixed,
Thankyou.
Carm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 4 weeks ago #336942 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Activity Tab - Connections
I'm seeing the activity tab on several users that the test account you provided is not connected to so I do not understand the problem here.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

2 months 4 weeks ago #336945 by 100mile
I have a few test accounts, promotional accounts setup.
If I visit a Profile I have made a Connection with, I can see their Activity Tab.
If I visit a Profile I have not made a Connection with, I cannot see their Activity Tab.
I have set the default to Display > User can control Privacy (which is a good thing)
In the Profile Tabs That I cannot connect to, the Privacy is set to Public.
I would like the default to be able to see the Activity of Users, especially since this is a new site.
If a user does not want to be viewed they can then turn off in the Privacy Tab.
This is the problem.
How do I fix?
Again, I did not do my install of CB, the Joomla Hosting guys did.

2 months 4 weeks ago #336949 by krileon
The tab is already visible to non-connections. The reason you're not seeing the tab is because they don't have any posts and you don't have permission to post on their profile. If you want to allow everyone to post on each others profiles then yes that's something that can be changed. You'll need to edit the "Profile Activity" stream in CB Activity > Streams > Activity and under Create set "Connected Access" to "Disable".

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 4 weeks ago #336950 by 100mile
Your suggestion not work,

In the  CB Activity edit Tab (Activity)
Parameters > Stream > Disable , this does not work, I cannot see anyones Activity then.

To prove there is an fly in the ointment,
Parameters > Stream > Recent Activity, - I see my Activity on all profles, including ones I am Connected to and ones that I am not Connect too.  I believe I should only see my personal activity on my personal Activity Tab.

Help please!

2 months 4 weeks ago #336952 by krileon

In the CB Activity edit Tab (Activity)
Parameters > Stream > Disable , this does not work, I cannot see anyones Activity then.

That's not what I instructed you to do. You completely turned off profile activity. That parameter is just to set what stream the Activity tab should display.

Parameters > Stream > Recent Activity, - I see my Activity on all profles, including ones I am Connected to and ones that I am not Connect too. I believe I should only see my personal activity on my personal Activity Tab.

The recent activity stream is not the same as the profile activity stream. They will function entirely different.

You needed to edit the "Profile Activity" stream in CB Activity > Streams > Activity and change the connected access parameter under Create as I instructed above. You've 3 ways you can reach those pages as I tried to make it as transparent as possible where streams are managed. Will review also adding a note with link in the Activity tab to the management page to help with the confusion.

Activity Streams
1. Left Menu: Community Builder > Plugin Management > Activity > Streams > Activity
2. Within CB: CB > Plugin Management > Activity Streams (button in CB Activity row)
3. Within CB Activity: CB Activity > Parameters > Streams > Manage Activity Streams

Comment Streams
1. Left Menu: Community Builder > Plugin Management > Activity > Streams > Comments
2. Within CB: CB > Plugin Management > Comment Streams (button in CB Activity row)
3. Within CB Activity: CB Activity > Parameters > Streams > Manage Comment Streams

Streams are entirely managed from their respective streams pages. You do not need to look anywhere else but in those pages for changing the majority of a streams parameters.

So for example if you also want commenting to not require a connection check then edit the "Profile Activity" comment stream and turn off its connections check under its Create tab, which you seam to have already done.

I went ahead and made the change for you, but please understand this is not something support typically provides. While I'm happy to help answer your questions you should consider hiring a developer or review our hourly services below should you need us to configure something for you.

www.joomlapolis.com/services

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.413 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn