wallet points for CB Subs automation - revisited

2 months 2 weeks ago #337166 by webiedesign
Replied by webiedesign on topic wallet points for CB Subs automation - revisited
The points field is a text field since they sometimes have 1/2 points. I did just try it with an integer field with the same results - keeps renewing. Point field always empties out and is 0.
There is no front facing edit profile link (it is in a hidden menu and published) , however if there was one- this field is not protected from the user/public changing it.

Mary
webie-design.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #337172 by krileon
Does it still not work even with the Custom > Value condition recommendation in my last reply? Will configure a test case locally as maybe it's just a problem with the greater than or equal to condition operator.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 1 week ago #337187 by webiedesign
Replied by webiedesign on topic wallet points for CB Subs automation - revisited
At first I didn't understand this instruction, but applied it today and still have the subscription renewing regardless.

Mary
webie-design.com
Attachments:

2 months 1 week ago #337197 by krileon
The Custom > Value field substitution should be [cb_test6count]. Will retest locally and see if the Greater Than or Equal To operator is the culprit here though as it might be conditioning wrong, but would be strange nobody has reported this until now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 1 week ago #337199 by krileon
Have retested the Greater Than or Equal To operator usage and confirmed it works perfectly fine. I've tested this with integer field type, decimal field type, and text field containing an integer as well as text field containing a decimal. In all tests the condition worked fine. The condition is the only reason for the plan to keep renewing in this case for you it's constantly failing. I suggest switching to a decimal field type instead of a text field type since you need partial values. This would at least guarantee a safe value to compare against is returned.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

2 months 1 week ago #337210 by webiedesign
This is solved now. the issue was very simple ( I knew it had to be something I simply didn't see) I almost sheepishly wandered away from embarrassment, but I wanted to post the solution for anybody else who searches the forum like I do.

First one renews their subscription using a CB Paid Subscriptions action and second one is a Field action that empties the field. Example of both auto actions as follows.

Renew Plan
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
Type: CB Paid Subscriptions
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Condition 1
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var3]
Operator: Equal To
Value: PLAN_ID_HERE
AND
Condition 2
Custom Value: [var2]
Operator: Not Equal To
Value: A
AND
Condition 3
Field: POINTS_FIELD_HERE
Operator: Greater Than or Equal To
Value: 60
Action
Mode: Renew
Plans: PLAN_ID_HERE

Empty Points
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
Type: Field
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Condition 1
Custom Value: [var3]
Operator: Equal To
Value: PLAN_ID_HERE
AND
Condition 2
Custom Value: [var2]
Operator: Not Equal To
Value: A
Action
Field: POINTS_FIELD_HERE
Operator: Set
Value: 0

Replace PLAN_ID_HERE with the plan you want this to apply to. Replace POINTS_FIELD_HERE with your points field.

Thank you for all your support, I really appreciate it.

Mary
webie-design.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn