Sub expiry and price in auto action email

1 month 4 weeks ago #337471 by wintercorn
Replied by wintercorn on topic Sub expiry and price in auto action email
I'm using 'CB Auto Actions: Auto Actions' for the mailer. Trigger is 'onAfterUserApproval'.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 month 4 weeks ago #337472 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Sub expiry and price in auto action email
Are you approving them before or after payment? If before payment there won't be any CBSubs data to send. If after payment I suggest enabling content plugins under the Parameters tab of your auto action and just using CBSubs substitutions directly in your email auto action. Those should work fine there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 month 4 weeks ago #337479 by wintercorn
After payment and the content plugins are enabled in the auto action and each field. Still no data.Only outputs the field code itself..

1 month 4 weeks ago #337480 by wintercorn
I've given up on the auto actions and just used the emails in each plan. 

1 month 4 weeks ago #337482 by wintercorn
And this didn't work with my workflow so I've gone back again. Still better than Payplans though 

1 month 4 weeks ago #337485 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Sub expiry and price in auto action email
Ok, I believe I see why it's not working. The substitutions in CBSubs are always trying to be against the viewing user. In this case they're against the user approving the registration not the user being approved. Try making the following changes in your Custom HTML field and now see if your Custom HTML field works fine in your CB Auto Actions email.

FROM
Expiration Date: [cbsubs:subscriptions plan="2" output="expiry_date" /]
Plan Price: [cbsubs:plans plan="2" output="price" /]

TO
Expiration Date: [cbsubs:subscriptions user="#displayed" plan="2" output="expiry_date" /]
Plan Price: [cbsubs:plans user="#displayed" plan="2" output="price" /]

If that doesn't work the following will work in CB Auto Actions directly, but not in your Custom HTML field.

Expiration Date: [cbsubs:subscriptions user="[action_user]" plan="2" output="expiry_date" /]
Plan Price: [cbsubs:plans user="[action_user]" plan="2" output="price" /]

[action_user] is a special substitution in CB Auto Actions that directly inserts the auto action user id into contents before any substitution processing. This reason for having to do this is CBSubs substitutions don't support nesting yet, which means we can't do user="[user_id]" for example currently.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn