CB Search Bot not working

1 month 1 week ago #337572 by aalisg
CB Search Bot not working was created by aalisg
Hello,

We installed, activated and (we believe) correctly configured the CB Search Bot plugin on our website but it does not seem to work. Can you please help us to solve this problem?

Regards,

This message contains confidential information

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 month 1 week ago #337574 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Search Bot not working
CB Search Bot is from Joomla's legacy search component. It is not a Smart Search Plugin so it will not work with Joomla's smart search. We do not have any smart search plugins at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 month 1 week ago #337575 by aalisg
Replied by aalisg on topic CB Search Bot not working
Hello and thank you for reply,

Indeed we noticed in another forum thread (sorry not to have searched for it before) what you just said.

But when you say "CB Search Bot is from Joomla's legacy search component" we are not sure to understand you very well. What do you mean by "from Joomla's legacy search component"? Is this Joomla's legacy search component available for Joomla! 4? If yes where can it be downloaded? If not how do we do to make this CB Search Bot work? With which Joomla! 4 search component can it be coupled?

Regards,

1 month 1 week ago #337576 by krileon
It's available for Joomla 4, but discontinued for Joomla 5 so may not work if you choose to migrate to Joomla 5. It can be found below on github.

github.com/joomla-extensions/search

I recommend just using userlists for searching users though. We will eventually provide smart search in the future, but as noted in that other topic there's some serious privacy and access permission concerns.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 month 1 week ago #337577 by aalisg
Replied by aalisg on topic CB Search Bot not working
Hello and thank you for your reply,

O.K. As we indeed plan to migrate to Joomla! 5 soon or later it maybe unnecessary to install this "classic" Joomla! search component.

So here is our new question: what is the prupose of this CB Search Bot? For Joomla! 3.X versions websites? For For Joomla! 4.X versions websites with so the "classic" Joomla! search component (the one you just told us which can be downloaded on Github)? Another purpose?

Regards,

1 month 1 week ago #337582 by krileon

So here is our new question: what is the prupose of this CB Search Bot? For Joomla! 3.X versions websites? For For Joomla! 4.X versions websites with so the "classic" Joomla! search component (the one you just told us which can be downloaded on Github)? Another purpose?

For Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 sites. CB is compatible with Joomla 3, Joomla 4, and Joomla 5. Our search plugins have existed since Joomla 1.x/2.x so we've continued to maintain them. It's just not possible anymore for Joomla 5 since Joomla 5 moved exclusively to smart search, which has serious privacy concerns regarding user data searching. We will of course be trying to provide a smart search plugin in the future, but cannot provide any guarantee as to when.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn