SOLVED GJ: Open group, from category - groups list, on a new page (target=_top)

4 weeks 1 day ago - 4 weeks 1 day ago #337662 by NFA
Hi,

I want to add HTML, so a module is fine, on top of my GroupJive category-groups (over)view. No problem, just assign the module to the CB-plugin menu-item (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=categories&id=[CATEGORY ID]) in a content-top position.

However, if you then click on one of the groups displayed in the listing of the category groups, the group will be opened under the module and not on a new page. Is there a way to get the group opened in a new page, without the module (staying) on top? Maybe by adding target="_top" to the src?

I think when you select a group from the category listing, you always want to open it as a new, clean page (without modules assigned to the previous page). However, after reading a similar question in post www.joomlapolis.com/forum/developer-members-support/237811-group-jive-display-group-list-with-an-article, I am not sure or that is possible in GroupJive.

Hope you can help, Noa

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 weeks 1 day ago #337670 by krileon
Group URLs of course always open as a new page. They don't have or need a target supplied. They're regular links. Are you trying to display the categories inside of a iframe? That would be why you're having this issue as none of our pages are setup for iframe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 weeks 1 day ago - 4 weeks 1 day ago #337671 by NFA
No iframe or anything else involved. Only a menu item with a module assigned to it. I agree with you that Group URLs should open as a new page, but it doesn't. I think this was also the issue of the forum post, what I was referring to

Please see stophet.nl/over-ons/voetbal-tegen-kanker. That is a CB-plugin menu item "Over ons - Voetbal tegen kanker" (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=categories&id=8). The only extra is that the content above the GJ catergory list is a custom HTML module assigned to ONLY that menu item, in content-top position of the template. Click on the group below (BEDRIJF NAAM), and a new page/URL of the group opens. Scroll down that page, and see how the group "BEDRIJF NAAM" was opened with still the top module above it.

P.S.: This even happens after I, just in case, created an own CB-plugin menu-item for that group BEDRIJF NAAM (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=groups&id=570) in the main menu "Over ons - Voetbal tegen kanker - BEDRIJF NAAM", see stophet.nl/over-ons/voetbal-tegen-kanker/bedrijf-naam

4 weeks 1 day ago #337676 by krileon
Your links are working perfectly fine. Your module is just showing as it should on the assigned menu item. Your menu alias is /over-ons/voetbal-tegen-kanker/ and it doesn't change when clicking into a group. Groups will inherit their menu item from their category so you'll notice /over-ons/voetbal-tegen-kanker/ is still present when clicking into a group. CB has no control over your Joomla modules. They simply render on their assigned menus and that's entirely handled by Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 weeks 1 day ago - 4 weeks 23 hours ago #337679 by NFA
Thanks for pointing me in that direction, which I will investigate.

However, a minute ago, I also found another approach to solve it. Using Advanced Module manager (regularlabs.com/advancedmodulemanager) I can add an extra php code to the module condition, grabbing a string that is only in the HTML of the Category list, for example with a code like:
// string to be present in content area
$search = 'gjCategory8';

// DO NOT EDIT BELOW
$buffer = JFactory::getDocument()->getBuffer('component');
return !is_array($buffer)
I have tested it and it worked fine.

So the module condition becomes:
Attachments:

4 weeks 23 hours ago #337681 by krileon
You would have to create a menu item per-group so each group has its own SEO URL. As groups are a part of their category it makes sense for their menu item to apply to the groups of that category so that's just how it has been designed to inherit from the category.

You could echo out custom HTML using CB Auto Actions on the gj_onBeforeDisplayCategory trigger I suppose or use its var1 reference variable to add to the return using a Code action.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn