Group Jive - Display group list with an article

6 years 5 months ago #299209 by pastoweb
Hi, I want do display a Joomla article above a list of all group, what's the best way?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #299215 by krileon
A module would be the only solution. Create a Joomla menu item with menutype Community Builder > Plugin then for Plugin select CB GroupJive and select whatever action type you like (e.g. if you want the module on all groups page). Next assign your module to it as you would any Joomla menu item.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #299517 by pastoweb
Thanks, it works fine for the grops listing page, but then it keeps showing the module also on the group page

any solution?

Here is may page: formalms.org/TESTING/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=allgroups&Itemid=325

6 years 5 months ago #299529 by krileon
As module assignment is just based of Itemid (menu item) there isn't much you can do to stop that beyond making more menu items. If you create a menu item to each category those categories should use their respective menu items and won't display the module assigned to the all groups menu item.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #299765 by pastoweb
I'm not using categories, you mean creating a link for each group?
Then I couldn't display them thoghether...

Sorry but I'm a bit disappointed, to me the ability to integrate things with joomla articles or modules looks quite a basic feature :(

6 years 4 months ago #299776 by krileon

I'm not using categories, you mean creating a link for each group?

Yes.

Then I couldn't display them thoghether...

They don't have to be on an accessible menu module. You can still use your current all groups menu item. Your other menu items would just be for their Itemid, but would not actually be displayed.

Sorry but I'm a bit disappointed, to me the ability to integrate things with joomla articles or modules looks quite a basic feature

That is just how Joomla works. Modules are assigned to pages using Itemid, which is the menu id. So to assign modules to specific pages you need menu items to those specific pages.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn