[SOLVED] CB Connect / Google Sign In / Throws "already in use" error on linked account

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #308454 by benvoth
We have purchased "CB Connect" are using just "Google" for "CB Connect" and it's almost working but fails on the last step.

I have created a new user account in Community Builder, logged into the front-end with this user account, used the "Link With Google" button, and all is good (the account is linked up and has a "Google ID" associated with it that I can see in the back-end.

When I logout and use "Sign in with Google", I get the error "The email ... is already in use. Please login to link your account." But I have already linked the account and can verify it's been linked.

Can you please help out here?

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308473 by krileon
Edit the user within CB > User Management and confirm their Google ID field has a value as it's responsible for checking what CB account their Google account is linked to to allow login. Does it also do this when you register a new user using the Google button?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308477 by benvoth
Thank you for the response! Here are the answers to your questions:

>> Edit the user within CB > User Management and confirm their Google ID field has a value as it's responsible for checking what CB account their Google account is linked to to allow login.

Yes, their Google ID field has value.

>> Does it also do this when you register a new user using the Google button?

For this specific implementation of this feature, we actually don't want to allow new user registration with the Google button. We only want existing users to login using their Joomla login, then link their Google account, and then be able to use the "Google Sign In" feature.

If you would like Joomla/FTP access to the site to look around at the code to fix it, let me know and I can send that in a PM.

Thanks again.

5 years 5 months ago #308500 by krileon
Seams to be working fine in my tests across 2 test sites. Could be a configuration problem in the Google application it self. Have you completely followed the instructions below for creating your Google application?

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/229505-configuring-cb-connect-7x#263260

Updated the above tutorial as well as Google now provides a fast method for creating applications for sign in usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308501 by benvoth
Thank you for the reply. I will review these instructions and make sure that everything is configured properly on the Google side of things.

I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

5 years 5 months ago #308503 by krileon
If issue persists after rechecking configuration I can take a look on the site side of things if you PM backend super administrator login credentials, but we are unable to assist with the social provider side of things (e.g. reviewing application configuration).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn