Configuring CB Connect 7.x

8 years 11 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #263226 by krileon
Configuring CB Connect 7.x was created by krileon
CB Connect has been completely rewritten with an internal library for communicating with various providers (social sites).

Supported Providers
Facebook
Twitter
Google
LinkedIn
Windows Live
Instagram
Foursquare
GitHub
VKontakte
Steam
Reddit
Twitch
Stack Exchange
Pinterest
Amazon
Yahoo
PayPal
Disqus
WordPress
Meetup
Flickr
Vimeo
LINE
Spotify
SoundCloud

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The topic has been locked.
8 years 11 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #263227 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Facebook
NOTICE: Facebook as of March 2018 will enforce "Use Strict Mode for Redirect URIs" and "Enforce HTTPS" for New Applications (existing will be forced to use both October 2018). This means you must have HTTPS to use Facebook Login.

STEP 1
Navigate to Facebook Developers .

STEP 2
Login and complete the authorization process to use the Facebook Developers site if you have not done this already.

STEP 3
Mouse over My Apps then click Add a New App or click the green Add a New App button.

STEP 4
Supply a Display Name and Contact Email then click Create App ID.

STEP 5
Under Add a Product locate Facebook Login and click the Set Up button.

STEP 6
Now select Web as your applications platform by clicking it.

STEP 7
Input Site URL as your sites domain only (e.g. www.joomlapolis.com/ ). Now click Save.

STEP 8
On the left there is a menu where you should see PRODUCTS and under that is Facebook Login. Under Facebook Login click Settings.

STEP 9
Input Valid OAuth redirect URIs as Callback URL from CB Connect > Parameters > Facebook > Application. Now click Save Changes. Note this must be an HTTPS URL to your site.

STEP 10
On the left there is a menu where you should see Dashboard, Settings, Roles, etc.. Click Settings then Basic.

STEP 11
Add your domain name to App Domains and click Save Changes.

STEP 12
Now copy both the App ID and App Secret to their respective parameters in CB Connect > Parameters > Facebook > Application and save the plugin.

STEP 13
On the left there is a menu where you should see Dashboard, Settings, Roles, etc.. Click App Review.

STEP 14
If you've tested your application and you're reader for users to begin using it be sure to set Make Your_Application_Name public? to Yes.

That is all the configuration you need to do for Facebook to be functional. Do not tamper with the other application settings unless you're absolutely sure you know what you're doing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack_Daniels
8 years 11 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #263259 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Twitter
STEP 1
Navigate to Twitter Developers .

STEP 2
Login and complete the authorization process to use the Twitter Developers site if you have not done this already.

STEP 3
On the top right of the page hover over your developer name to expand the dropdown menu then click Apps .

STEP 4
Click Create New App on the Apps page at the top right of the page.

STEP 5
Supply an application Name, Description, Website URL as your sites domain only (e.g. www.joomlapolis.com/), check Enable Sign in with Twitter checkbox, and Callback URL as domain only same (same as Website URL) in addition to the Callback URL supplied in CB Connect > Parameters > Twitter > Application (note if on an older release remove ?provider=twitter) then be honest and truthful in Tell us how this app will be used and click Create.

STEP 6
On your applications details page click Keys and tokens. You now should see your Consumer Key (API Key) and Consumer Secret (API Secret). Both must be copied to CB Connect > Parameters > Twitter > Application.

That is all the configuration you need to do for Twitter to be functional. Do not tamper with the other application settings unless you're absolutely sure you know what you're doing.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: FGSimonis
8 years 11 months ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #263260 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Google
Google provides a quick-create for sign in applications on the below page.

developers.google.com/identity/sign-in/web/sign-in

Simply click the blue "CONFIGURE A PROJECT" button to add sign in functionality to an existing application or to create a new one directly. When asked where you are calling from select Web server. When asked for a redirect URI simply supply the Redirect URL found within CB Connect configuration. Your necessary keys will be provided to you on the last step.

Once your project is created if the People API has not already been enabled for your application please visit the below setup tool to enable it as it will be necessary for requesting profile data from users Google account.

console.developers.google.com/start/api?id=people.googleapis.com&credential=client_key

If you would still like to manually create your application please follow the below steps.

STEP 1
Navigate to Google Projects .

STEP 2
Login and complete the authorization process to use the Google Projects site if you have not done this already.

STEP 3
Click Create Project and on the New Project page supply a Project name then click Create. The project takes a little time to create, which you should see progress in a notification in the top right; simply wait until it has completed.

STEP 4
Once your project has been created if you are not already on your projects Overview page select your new project from the dropdown on the top left of the page or from the table if still on the projects page. If on the projects Overview page click Enable APIs and get credentials like keys. If on the projects IAM & admin page click hamburger icon on the top left and click APIs & Services > Dashboard.

STEP 5
On the APIs & Services page click ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES then click People API.

STEP 6
On the People API page click Enable API. Once enabled click Google APIs on the top left of the page.

STEP 7
On the Google APIs page click Credentials on the left side menu.

STEP 8
On the Credentials page click + CREATE CREDENTIALS followed by OAuth client ID and select Web application for the Application type, Authorized JavaScript origins as your sites domain only (e.g. www.joomlapolis.com/), and Authorized redirect URIs (Callback URL) as supplied in CB Connect > Parameters > Google > Application then click Create Client ID.

STEP 9
You now should see your Client ID and Client secret. Both must be copied to CB Connect > Parameters > Google > Application.

That is all the configuration you need to do for Google to be functional. Do not tamper with the other application settings unless you're absolutely sure you know what you're doing.

Note Google can be slow propagating your project to their cache servers. It can take up to 30 minutes for your keys to become valid. If you change the redirect uri after the credentials have already been created then allow for at minimum 5 minutes for the new redirect uri to become valid.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack_Daniels, tjohns92109
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn