CB Auto Action: please help

3 years 11 months ago #318733 by denisp
Replied by denisp on topic CB Auto Action: please help
Hi Kyle,
if the trigger is the user login, then there's no hope it will work.

You told me about this. I asked if this could be made with a cron job or something automatized.
That's because the user, after registration, does not login again... anymore!

thanks a lot for the support

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #318735 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Auto Action: please help
Using the login trigger is just to test the auto action. It's not going to be left as that. You need to be sure your auto action is working as expected before you send your entire userbase through it. You need to have a test user that you've manually created that should meet the criteria of your auto action and you test it against that user.

If you don't want to do the login test then remove the trigger so there are no triggers selected. Next use the URL provided under the Global tab while logged in as your test user. This will run the auto action directly to let you test it that way.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318736 by denisp
Kyle, it works!

1 - I registered a test user
2 - I logged-in in the front-end as test user.
3 - in admin, I disabled the trigger "internal --> users"
4 - then clicked on the Action URL
5 -the test user received the email.

OK, so right now, considering that users do not login.
I don't understand where is the trick to tell to CB to send the email

3 years 11 months ago #318737 by krileon
If it's working then you just need to add the Internal Users trigger. Now setup a CRON wget task to run against the Internal Users URL found within CB Auto Actions > Parameters. That's all there is to do. Note if you didn't configure the checkbox field behavior as explained earlier if you run the URL again you will email those same users again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 11 months ago #318751 by denisp
Hi Kyle,
I added the Internal Users URL found within CB Auto Actions > Parameters, in a wget cron.
But nothing happens.
Right now: if I recall the Internal Users URL manually... I mean, I copy it and I paste it in the browser, I get a blank page,
but no email is sent. Consider that my user test is set to expiry today.
I'd like to know if doing it manually it should work or not. If it should work, then the issue is the wget cron syntax.

thanks again

3 years 10 months ago #318769 by krileon
The URL is supposed to give a blank page as it's just an endpoint. If the emails aren't sending by accessing it directly then there's probably an issue with your auto action. Are you using the configuration as provided below?

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/single-add-on-support/242480-cb-auto-action-please-help?start=6#318638

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn