[SOLVED] email fails to send registration/reminder

14 years 2 months ago #125355 by krileon
Don't know, if your mail server is selectively sending emails to specific providers then that could be the issue. Check with your mail server provider to ensure they're not filtering.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #125531 by paul.necsoiu
Hi,

I changed the email server from gmail to a personal email server hosted on godaddy and what happend is very strange.

The registration process work well for users that have email on google or hotmail.

But it seems that yahoo have some problems.

On yahoo i don't receve confirmation email. But the strange thing is that sometimes the email are caming but with a huge delay ...but still can not use the activation link from this email because it redirect me on the site page and give me the message
"You are not authorized to view this page!
You must login."

If anyone has encountered this problem with yahoo email and find a solution or have a sugestion please heeeellllpppp.

Post edited by: paul.necsoiu, at: 2010/03/01 09:26

My personal site: www.investx.net

14 years 2 months ago #125586 by krileon
Have not personally experienced such an issue with Yahoo, but have experienced at times Yahoo delaying emails even up to 24 or 48 hours after the email had been sent. It's possible Yahoo is sending your emails to spam or blacklisting your mailserver. You should contact Yahoo to see if there's a problem with your emails. They should be able to examine if their system has set off any flags. Your mailserver (contact host) should also have a trace route of the emails to see if they're even delivering. B)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #125761 by joaoandre
I'm sorry, but i have a major problem...

I started to use CB for validating the terms and simbols used when choosing the username/password for posterior integration in a moodle page...

But then, after i started to use CB Login user's can't receive emails for confirmation of account, neither recover, but mass mail and the email server of joomla works just fine...

Is the problem solved just for premium users?
It's a major bug, and i can't understand where i can make changes.

I would apreciate some help.

You can test the registry in ebcf.edu.pt

I translated the sentences that i needed, from a PT-BR version for PT-PT. Credits of the original translator mantained.

Thaks in advance.

14 years 2 months ago #125763 by joaoandre
Replied by joaoandre on topic PT_PT Partial Translation (Zip file this time)
(Sorry for the spam, it appens accidently when i was moving to the previews page)

Attachment default_language-a9d87668c2aad001b7305609b7cae86c.zip not found

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn