invalid parameter

13 years 11 months ago #132371 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:invalid parameter
This is very weird - i just tried it again and it works just fine once again.

Can you please try it on your end also to verify.

If it works, then the only logical explanation is that facebook folks have been making changes on their end making things fail in the process.

Hope it is this case and that we can all start doing more productive things B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #132372 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:invalid parameter
I do apologize for coming off as disrespectful. Was certainly not my intention, but rather expressing my frustration with lack of direction (missing Connect URL).

We've been investigating further and oddly is working perfectly fine on our end. It is very possible due to Facebooks new API they are making changes on their end which is resulting in the error displayed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #132376 by mcornell
Replied by mcornell on topic Re:invalid parameter
I have researched and found the following:

The FB log in functionality for my two sites (on separate servers) is not
working!

Please visit www.mattcashatt.com and try to log in with the FBML login button.

I have been using it successfully for the past couple of weeks when suddenly
today it started failing.

Here is what happens:

When I click on the log in button, the FB login dialog appears as usual
*sometimes*. Other times, I get the dialog but just a blank white screen
within it. If it does have the email and password textboxes, it just goes
blank white after I click the submit button and freezes. Log In/authentication
never actually occurs.

Also, I checked my cookies and it appears that FB is now writing a different
cookie structure to my PC. Could this be the cause?

I have changed nothing with this site.

At one point today it began working again and now has failed again.

I really need to fix this fast.

THIS IS WHAT I GET :(

so it is a FB issue with the CDN servers and they claim it will be fixed in a couple of hours
(That was at 15:40 yesterday)

13 years 11 months ago #132377 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:invalid parameter
Thank you for further confirming issue on FB end. Unfortunately this is likely due to Facebook working to phase out their old API. We're working to provide a upgraded integration that will of course take advantage and use Facebooks latest OpenGraph API. Unsure as to why it is only hitting targeted sites. Possibly due to the dramatic loss in server power they are providing for older integrations or that your application is fairly new after the release of OpenGraph and as result is not successfully using FBC. At this point however it does appear an issue on Facebooks end that we unfortunately can not address (without a new release of course) at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn