[#3189] CBSubs and registration step

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #188761 by dotcom22
[#3189] CBSubs and registration step was created by dotcom22
hello

I would like show or hide specific field according to plan user choose. That mean before show any fields, I would like force users to first choose a plan...then show specific fields.

If I'm not wrong this is partially possible because before to be able to hide some specific fields, user must choose a plan. That mean before choosing a plan, all fields are displayed and is only when the plan is choose, field can be hidden using workflow.

Do you confirm ??

I tried also to enable step by step process using CB plugin Conditional because this seem allow me to do what I want, that mean show in first Plan, then conditionally show specific field in next step... However I'm surprised to see is possible to click anytime to any "Step Tab" even if none field are filled in previous step... Normally in a step by step registration, is not possible to see next/others step if the previous are not filled (Validation is enabled in the plugin)..so I don't understand why I can click on Step Tab... Step Name must normally be displayed for information only but not be accessible by clicking on his step name...

Ideally I would like be able to show/hide specific field only AFTER a plan is choose and WITHOUT use step by step process...

Is possible ?

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #188787 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CBSubs and registration step

dotcom22 wrote: hello

I would like show or hide specific field according to plan user choose. That mean before show any fields, I would like force users to first choose a plan...then show specific fields.

If I'm not wrong this is partially possible because before to be able to hide some specific fields, user must choose a plan. That mean before choosing a plan, all fields are displayed and is only when the plan is choose, field can be hidden using workflow.

Do you confirm ??

CBSubs by default displays the CB registration form with the "default" plan preselected. If you have a CBSubs default plan set (just a setting in this plan) then the fields that are relevant to this plan will be shown.

If no (default) plan is selected then all CB fields that have been marked to apprear during registration will be shown.

This is how things work.

I tried also to enable step by step process using CB plugin Conditional because this seem allow me to do what I want, that mean show in first Plan, then conditionally show specific field in next step... However I'm surprised to see is possible to click anytime to any "Step Tab" even if none field are filled in previous step... Normally in a step by step registration, is not possible to see next/others step if the previous are not filled (Validation is enabled in the plugin)..so I don't understand why I can click on Step Tab... Step Name must normally be displayed for information only but not be accessible by clicking on his step name...

Ideally I would like be able to show/hide specific field only AFTER a plan is choose and WITHOUT use step by step process...

Is possible ?

thank

I believe this is how the CB Conditional step registration works, you can go to other steps even if you have not filled in previous ones.

Kyle might add to this tomorrow...

12 years 3 months ago #188796 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: CBSubs and registration step

CBSubs by default displays the CB registration form with the "default" plan preselected. If you have a CBSubs default plan set (just a setting in this plan) then the fields that are relevant to this plan will be shown.

If no (default) plan is selected then all CB fields that have been marked to apprear during registration will be shown.

This is how things work.

Yes so it is how I thinking the stuff work. My goal was more to not set any default plan for force user to choose one and avoid they subscribe without taking care to the default plan. Actually I have 2 plan displayed at registration and both are free..

So if I want not show any fields before users choose plan, it seem I must use Step by step registration. I read on the forum this step by step process is only a Jquery method who re-arrange the fields in tab and nothing more. So if I want not allow users to see or go to other steps without fill first/previous step, I suppose I must hide using css the whole "Step Tab".

However by admitting I hide all step tabs, I noticed I'm free to not choose a Plan and go to next step like I can click on "Next" many time without filling any required fields... Normally this must not be allowed because I enabled "Validation" inside the Conditional plugin...

My system is up to date with last Joomla 1.5.25 - CB 1.7.1 - CBSubs 1.2.2 and CB Conditional 1.3.0...

I will wait a reply from Kyle...

thank

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188890 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs and registration step
Step by Step doesn't work on CBSubs registration page (Plan URL pages) due to missing the registration form trigger. This is a bug in CBSubs it self and is scheduled to be fixed with release of CBSubs 1.3.0.

As for stopping users from proceeding to another step when the previous step is incomplete you need to ensure the previous step has fields set as Required then within CB Conditional configuration set validation to be done on a step by step basis. This will prevent them from going to the next step if their current step has incomplete required fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #188944 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: CBSubs and registration step

Step by Step doesn't work on CBSubs registration page (Plan URL pages) due to missing the registration form trigger. This is a bug in CBSubs it self and is scheduled to be fixed with release of CBSubs 1.3.0.

Ok so I will wait your release...

As for stopping users from proceeding to another step when the previous step is incomplete you need to ensure the previous step has fields set as Required then within CB Conditional configuration set validation to be done on a step by step basis. This will prevent them from going to the next step if their current step has incomplete required fields.

The first step is the one who ask to choose a Plan (none of my Plan are set to be default and all Plan are exclusive so normally is mandatory to choose one plan before go to next step) and my second step contain several fields who are all required. Others step are a mix with required and non required field... So actually if users can proceeding to second and following step is because CBSubs have the bug you mentioned or you mean this must work even with the bug ?? For infos I have enabled "Validation" in CB conditional plugin---

About the "Step Tab Bar" I don't understand if the fact to be allowed to access to any step is normal or if is due to the bug. In case is normal, I would like hide the whole "Step Tab Bar". Can you tell me what CSS code I'm supposed to put in my css template file ??

thank

12 years 3 months ago #188965 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs and registration step

The first step is the one who ask to choose a Plan (none of my Plan are set to be default and all Plan are exclusive so normally is mandatory to choose one plan before go to next step) and my second step contain several fields who are all required. Others step are a mix with required and non required field... So actually if users can proceeding to second and following step is because CBSubs have the bug you mentioned or you mean this must work even with the bug ?? For infos I have enabled "Validation" in CB conditional plugin---

The above bug has nothing to do with this. You need to navigate to CB > Plugin Management > CB Conditional > Config and set "Validate" to "Enabled". The above bug means if you navigate to a Plans URL (provided to you when editing a plan) there won't be any Step By Step.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn