[#3189] CBSubs and registration step

12 years 3 months ago #189358 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs and registration step

However I not convinced about step by step process. I don't know if is because I made some wrong manipulation or other but is a bit difficult to setup. After making some test I get some problem... In fact all seem to be fine when filling correctly all required fields. But in case I voluntary not filled some required fields, I was stuck and it was impossible to go back or even to continue the process to next step because the form was blocked and the fact to click on previous/next button or to click on tabs had no effect.

Disable validation within CB Conditional configuration and you won't be forced to complete required fields on a step by step basis.

So my question: Do you have added in the coming CBSubs version 1.3 a feature (in Workflow Tab) for allow us to SHOW fields instead to only HIDE ?

Nope.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189459 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: CBSubs and registration step

Disable validation within CB Conditional configuration and you won't be forced to complete required fields on a step by step basis.

Of course but this is very annoying for users because they will discover only at the last step they can't submit the form and must go back for find witch fields in witch Tab is missing... The result is to annoy for nothing the user and take the risk they get out.. Personally I think the step by step process have a sens only if used with Validation enabled otherwise is just useless.. It is exactly the same process when we buy something on a E-Commerce/Cart shop. If we discover only at the final step (that mean when we click on the PAY button who redirect to credit card handler) we forgot to fill our address or any other data, you can be sure you loose your customer..

The only viable solution I found is to keep the Validation enabled and try to reduce the number of step for avoid possible blocking problem... That mean:

- Step 1= Choose the Plan
- Step 2= Fill all fields
- Step 3= Resolve the Captcha challenge + Accept Tos + Submit form

Please some more questions:

1) I found a small annoying problem about password field. Immediately after filling the first password field, the second password/confirmation field show a warning due to "Validation" and this warning normally must be displayed only if the user try to go to next step without filling that field (or if the password do not match) and not just after filling the first password field. This don't happen when NOT using step by step process...

Have you a workaround for this problem ??

2) I would like hide (if possible) the whole "Step Tab Bar" because this Bar is a bit useless for me and also because I must translate all Tabs in 2 languages if I decide to use it. Can you tell me what CSS code I'm supposed to put in my css template file for hide the Bar ??

3) For use step by step process we must use the DIV profile view. Until now I used the Table view because I liked the fact to get a nice grid who allow to well delimit each field at registration and also on profile view. Also because each field was more spaced while with DIV is not the case who result in a more "compressed" view. I suppose is possible to get the same Table result in DIV view using CSS but I don't know how to get it. Have you a code to give me?

4) I would like create some delimiter field for allow me to separate/categorize a bit some fields by putting for example a HR line. The problem is the delimiter title is always displayed on registration form and I would like to hide it. It seem is also possible to hide the title of some specific delimiter field using CSS but here also I don't know how to do... Have you an example please?

5) I would like customize the Previous + Next + Register default button with my own graphical button. This buttons must also be displayed correctly according to the site language (I use Joomfish on my 2 multi-language site). Here also I suppose is possible using CSS... Can you help me ??

6) Finally I would like replace the default Login/Logout image button of CB Modlogin. I found all image who are located on /public_html/modules/mod_cblogin/mod_cblogin but I'm unable to find where is the related css code for increase the size of the image background. When checking with Firebug I found the code who is this one:

element.style {
background-image: url("www.site.com/modules/mod_cblogin/mod_cblogin/login.png");
background-position: 0 0;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
border-width: 0;
cursor: pointer;
height: 20px;
margin: 0;
vertical-align: top;
width: 250px;
}

but no css file seem to handle this code... When looking inside mod_cblogin.php I see the button style span is "cbLoginButtonSpan" but don't know how to customize it. My goal is to place the code in my own site css template for avoid to overwrite change during update. Any clue please?

many many thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

12 years 3 months ago #189614 by krileon

Have you a workaround for this problem ??

Nope, validation is triggered on input change or key up.

Can you tell me what CSS code I'm supposed to put in my css template file for hide the Bar ??

Sure, simply use the below.
.cbRegistration .ui-tabs-nav {
	display: none;
}

3) For use step by step process we must use the DIV profile view. Until now I used the Table view because I liked the fact to get a nice grid who allow to well delimit each field at registration and also on profile view. Also because each field was more spaced while with DIV is not the case who result in a more "compressed" view. I suppose is possible to get the same Table result in DIV view using CSS but I don't know how to get it. Have you a code to give me?

Sorry, don't have any code to provide. You'll need to use Firebug for Firefox and inspect the profile to restyle it to fit your needs.

4) I would like create some delimiter field for allow me to separate/categorize a bit some fields by putting for example a HR line. The problem is the delimiter title is always displayed on registration form and I would like to hide it. It seem is also possible to hide the title of some specific delimiter field using CSS but here also I don't know how to do... Have you an example please?

You can use CSS to hide a fields title at registration, example as follows.
.cbRegistration #cblabFIELDNAME {
	display: none;
}

With the above replace FIELDNAME with the actual name of your field (e.g. cb_delimiter). The above only works on registration as there's a parameter to disable it for profile.

5) I would like customize the Previous + Next + Register default button with my own graphical button. This buttons must also be displayed correctly according to the site language (I use Joomfish on my 2 multi-language site). Here also I suppose is possible using CSS... Can you help me ??

Below are the buttons classes so you can style however you please. As for Joomfish, CB has never supported Joomfish so nothing to advise there; sorry.

button (this is an "input" element)
nextButton (this is an "a" element)
prevButton (this is an "a" element)
registerButton (this is an "input" element)

6) Finally I would like replace the default Login/Logout image button of CB Modlogin. I found all image who are located on /public_html/modules/mod_cblogin/mod_cblogin but I'm unable to find where is the related css code for increase the size of the image background. When checking with Firebug I found the code who is this one:

No idea where that CSS is coming from as CBs login module has no inline-styling. It's all done from CBs CSS files. However, CB doesn't style any of the buttons; it inherits however Joomla styles them. The class used is "button".

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189619 by dotcom22
ok thank for all your answer...

Nope, validation is triggered on input change or key up.

This is a bit annoying... Is not your opinion?? It seem normal to warn user if input change and are wrong. But when user fill for the first time the form, it seem to me a bit tendentious to warn users they have not fill a field without giving to them the time to do that...

really none suggestions ??

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

12 years 3 months ago #189656 by krileon
Don't know what to tell you. I don't have any code in the step by step to validate over and over. The code to trigger validation is on change of tab and only if the validation parameter is enabled, but believe once validation is triggered it then goes off input change or key up so it can remove the validation error.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #190020 by dotcom22
I get some problem for style buttons... Unfortunately I'm not a css guru :blush:

I try this code:
.cbRegistration #registerButton input {
		background: url(../images/register.png) no-repeat;
	border: none;
	outline: none;
	width: 220px;
	height: 57px;
    margin-right: 0;
    margin-bottom: 20px;
}

and this one:
.cbRegistration .registerButton input {