[#3189] CBSubs and registration step

12 years 3 months ago #188997 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re: CBSubs and registration step
Like I said I have enabled "Validate" in the Conditional plugin...but I can bypass easily all step without filling any field...

I just sent to you a PM with my DEV site URL..please take a look.

You will see you can simply click on "Next" button without choosing a plan and without filling a single field until last step...

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189070 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs and registration step
jQuery validation is failing entirely. As well as there's an error coming from CB Conditional.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconditional/js/cbconditional.min.js
ON: Line 1
$("#cbtf_" + tab_id).parent(".ui-tabs-panel").attr("id") is undefined

No idea why that's happening. It's happening for tabid 27, please check what tab that is within CB > Tab Management and try disabling it.

Created the below bug ticket to investigate later for next release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3189

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189087 by dotcom22
OK I found the problem... Tab ID 27 is CB captcha and I had version 2.2.2... I see you have released the version 2_3 a while ago and I installed now that version... Now all seem to be fine...

Please note CB captcha indicate me is the version 2.4 but I downloaded and installed the version 2_3... A possible version glitch ??

1) Can you please take a look and confirm me if all is ok ? The CB Conditional error you mention was probably related with the old CB Captcha version...

2) I do my best for have always a clean and updated install, but something is difficult to follow because CB + CBSubs have dozen and dozen plugin, module and Incubator stuff who are frequently updated (this is of course a good point). A great addition for future would be to create a global check for all CB stuff and display somewhere in backend if a more recent version of a specific stuff is available...Like that we can immediately see if something must be updated before ask for support... You do a terrific job with your support and I'm always annoyed to consume your time for nothing... :blush: All time saved to support CB users like me result in more time available for you for develop more stuff :whistle:

3) I noticed now on the First Step, if I don't select any Plan and I click on "Next" I get the default yellow warning message telling "This field is required". This message appear only on the first Plan and not to the others Plan (both are exclusive Plan and none are set to be default). This is a bit confusing because users can suppose is required to select only the first Plan for be allowed to subscribe when of course is possible to select others plan.

This is not a big deal but I think it will better to show that message on all plan OR to show a global message like "You must select a Plan" near the "Next" button and not near the radio Plan field... It seem you use the same "field check method" available on default CB form and I understand this can be annoying to change just for CBSubs plan... However if is possible to avoid all possible confusion during the sensible Subscription/Registration process/step is always better...

thank

12 years 3 months ago #189121 by krileon

Please note CB captcha indicate me is the version 2.4 but I downloaded and installed the version 2_3... A possible version glitch ??

It's 2.3, the file is just named wrong sorry.

1) Can you please take a look and confirm me if all is ok ? The CB Conditional error you mention was probably related with the old CB Captcha version...

Yup, was due to the CB Captcha version but I'm still going to implement a check into CB Conditional to prevent that from happening.

2) I do my best for have always a clean and updated install, but something is difficult to follow because CB + CBSubs have dozen and dozen plugin, module and Incubator stuff who are frequently updated (this is of course a good point). A great addition for future would be to create a global check for all CB stuff and display somewhere in backend if a more recent version of a specific stuff is available...Like that we can immediately see if something must be updated before ask for support... You do a terrific job with your support and I'm always annoyed to consume your time for nothing... All time saved to support CB users like me result in more time available for you for develop more stuff

We've plans to add something to the backend to track updates and such. I can't provide much details on it as we're still discussing internally how it's going to work, but it'll make it easier to monitor new releases for sure.

3) I noticed now on the First Step, if I don't select any Plan and I click on "Next" I get the default yellow warning message telling "This field is required". This message appear only on the first Plan and not to the others Plan (both are exclusive Plan and none are set to be default). This is a bit confusing because users can suppose is required to select only the first Plan for be allowed to subscribe when of course is possible to select others plan.

Just how it displays unfortunately. It's possible to move it with CSS however. The below CSS for example will move it to the bottom middle of the CBSubs tab.
.cbregPlansList .cb_result_warning {
	display: block;
	left: 170px;
	position: absolute;
	top: 380px;
	width: 200px;
}

I recommend placing at the bottom of your Joomla template CSS file. You can change the left/top as you need to move its position around as well. As it's done through CSS it won't break any functionality.

The only downside to the above is it still triggers the hover color change of the first plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #189123 by krileon
I've released v1.3.1 to resolve the JS error you've experienced and it also resolves the Registration parameter not working, please upgrade.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 3 months ago #189325 by dotcom22
ok so I upgraded CB conditional and apply your CSS trick for allow me to display the warning message at bottom of form...

However I not convinced about step by step process. I don't know if is because I made some wrong manipulation or other but is a bit difficult to setup. After making some test I get some problem... In fact all seem to be fine when filling correctly all required fields. But in case I voluntary not filled some required fields, I was stuck and it was impossible to go back or even to continue the process to next step because the form was blocked and the fact to click on previous/next button or to click on tabs had no effect.

In first I wanted enable step by step process because it seem is the only manner to get the particular and specific registration setup I want...but ideally I would prefer not use step by step for avoid problem.

So before continue to test "step by step" I would like to know something:

Actually CBSubs allow us to HIDE specific CB field at registration if a specific plan is choose (Workflow Plan tab) but he don't allow us to SHOW specific fields.
My goal was to propose 2 exclusive plan (none is set to be default and I would like keep this like that for force user to choose by itself the needed plan) and let users choose one of them. Then according to the plan choice, show specific fields. That mean I would like hide all fields until a plan is choose, then show only fields planned in the plan settings.

So my question: Do you have added in the coming CBSubs version 1.3 a feature (in Workflow Tab) for allow us to SHOW fields instead to only HIDE ?

thank

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn