Problem getting Swedish language to take effect.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157155 by CHCG
I am new to CB (1.4) but have managed to set up a CB registration page for my Joomla 1.6.1. installation. The website has Swedish set as default frontend language and I have therefore downloaded and seemingly successfully installed the official Swedish language plugin. The registration page has public access.

I am, however unable to get the registration form to change language to Swedish (it continues to display in English). Am I missing something? Can anyone advise what I must do to get Swedish to display.

Your advise is much appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157172 by krileon
For Joomla 1.6.x the author needs to update the plugin to use the new Tag based usage. Previous language plugins likely will not work on Joomla 1.6.x, this is due to Joomla 1.6.x removing backwards tag support. For example with an English plugin it would be as follows.

Incorrect
Plugin Name: English

Correct
Plugin Name: en-GB

The author of your language plugin can find an example CB 1.4 language plugin at the below link.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-en/files

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157195 by CHCG
I have taken the latest official Swedish language file and changed the line:

<name>sv-SE</name>

I need you guidance what and where to changein the files.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

13 years 1 month ago #157228 by krileon
Please see the link to the example plugin in my previous reply. It provides exactly how a Tag based language plugin should be constructed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157233 by CHCG
As I am not sure what to change, can you please advise if my understanding of what has to be altered is correct:

1. Should the Swedish language directory in ../components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language be named "sv-SE" (...and not "swedish")?

2. Should the files "swedish.php" and "swedish.xml" be renamed to "sv-SE.php" and "sv-SE" respectively?

3. Should the term "swedish" on the follwing lines in the xml-file be changed to "sv-SE", like this (?):

<name>sv-SE</name>"
<filename plugin="se-SE">sv-SE.php</filename>

3. Anything else?

Your assistance is much appreciated.

13 years 1 month ago #157240 by AlexSmirnov
I've had similar questions until I read this wiki at forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb/wiki , which is rather self-explanatory.

So, there you should find that as far as your Swedish CB plug-in structure is concerned, all you need to do is just to amend the language.xml file, with no file name changes needed.

Translation wise, all you have to do in the mentioned by the wiki files to be translated is to translate the right-hand side part of the language stings, which is the part after the => character.

Hope this helps

AkeebaBackup.RU - безопасность Вашего Community Builder
Не тратьте свое и мое время впустую, - личные сообщения, отправленные без моего приглашения, удаляются без чтения.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CHCG

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn