Problem getting Swedish language to take effect.

13 years 1 month ago #157251 by CHCG
Thanks alot for your input. I will try it. Just one aditional question:

Do I understand it correctly, that I can use the old Swedish language version (for CB 1.22 it seems) and simply change the xml string as advised in the wiki article?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157259 by krileon

Do I understand it correctly, that I can use the old Swedish language version (for CB 1.22 it seems) and simply change the xml string as advised in the wiki article?

Core CB language plugins don't need a filename change so yes all you need to do is edit the XML file. This is NOT the case for CBSubs language files for example or GJs, so please keep this in mind as they are structured differently. Again, you can see an example as follows.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-en/files

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CHCG

13 years 1 month ago #157261 by AlexSmirnov
yes, you are correct. taking existing Swedish plug-in for CB 1.2 and converting it to version 1.4 will save you much time.

please keep in mind that in the 1.2 version there are swedish.php, swedish.xml, which is not the case in version 1.4.

to be on the save side, please consult the translation plug-in wiki as you go along.

AkeebaBackup.RU - безопасность Вашего Community Builder
Не тратьте свое и мое время впустую, - личные сообщения, отправленные без моего приглашения, удаляются без чтения.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157481 by CHCG
Thank you. I am sorry, but I still don't seem to get the hang of it. Could you please clarify what you mean by

in the 1.2 version there are swedish.php, swedish.xml, which is not the case in version 1.4

. What are they replaced by - or renamed to?

Thanks in advance for having patience with me.

13 years 1 month ago #157603 by AlexSmirnov
they will be renamed to language.php and language.xml accordingly.

also, don't forget to compare the files of the two plug-ins, add the new language strings and delete the depricated ones.

AkeebaBackup.RU - безопасность Вашего Community Builder
Не тратьте свое и мое время впустую, - личные сообщения, отправленные без моего приглашения, удаляются без чтения.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CHCG

13 years 1 month ago #158205 by CHCG
I am very grateful for all the assiatance provided, but I still don't get it work.

I have done the following:

1. Downloaded the English 1.4 sample files
2. Used them as basis for my translation
3. Downloaded the latest official Swedish language files (1.2.2)
4. Compared the language strings in the English language file (language.php) against the Swedish file (swedish.php) which seem consistent thru translations for version 1.2.2.
5. Copied these lines from the Swedish language file and overwritten the same lines in the English language file.
6. Changed the name tag to <name>sv-SE</name> in "language.xml"
7. Changed the file name plugin line to <filename plugin="sv-SE">language.php</filename>
8. The files language.php and language.xml are named as such (and not as "swedish.php and "swedish.xml" as in previous versions.
9. Named the directory "sv-SE" and zipped it.
10. Tried to install it from within the CB Plugin Manager.

But no go. Instead I get the error:

500 - An error has occurred.
String could not be parsed as XML

Is there someone who can give me assistance in explaining what is wrong?

Thanks a million in advance!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn