Problem getting Swedish language to take effect.

13 years 1 month ago #158327 by AlexSmirnov
You don't have a fully translated Swedish plug-in yet, do you? How can you expect anything happen on your site in this case?

Every CB user upon login can pick up a language of his choice for the site, provided the administrator installed the concerned language Joomla site extension pack as well as the language CB plug-in.

AkeebaBackup.RU - безопасность Вашего Community Builder
Не тратьте свое и мое время впустую, - личные сообщения, отправленные без моего приглашения, удаляются без чтения.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #158332 by CHCG
Now, that's right as such. I don't have a FULLY translated Swedish language file, nor do I at this stage need one. What I do need though is all my form fields, including custom ones, to be displayed in both English and Swedish. And currently that is not the case. I was supposing that I must add these custom fields to the English and Swedish language files for them to take effect. Isn't that correct? If, so, are you able to advise the procedure and syntax based in the example in my previous post? In return, I'll translate the Swedish files in full. Deal?

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #158342 by AlexSmirnov

CHCG wrote: ... I do need ... all my form fields, including custom ones, to be displayed in both English and Swedish. ...I was supposing that I must add these custom fields to the English and Swedish language files for them to take effect. Isn't that correct?

The CB language plug-ins as well as the Joomla language packs translate site elements and administrator control panel controls only into ONE LANGUAGE.

Everything Joomla though is GPL, so if you are keen to have a certain CB field or a newly created one displayed in two languages simultaneously, you are free to do so.

I've got no clue how it can be done and I am not interested in if or how it can be programmed.

CHCG wrote: ... In return, I'll translate the Swedish files in full. Deal?

The Swedish plug-in "to be or not to be" is entirely your own business. I have no interest in its coming into being nor will I loose my sleep if it doesn't materialize.

AkeebaBackup.RU - безопасность Вашего Community Builder
Не тратьте свое и мое время впустую, - личные сообщения, отправленные без моего приглашения, удаляются без чтения.

13 years 1 month ago #158349 by CHCG
OK, I see. I seem to have ticked you off for some reason. I appologize if that's the case. I am just trying to understand CB, to which I am new.

Regarding the translation, I'll do it regardless if you loose sleep or not. I just sensed a certain interest on your behalf in previous posts.

I want to thank you sincerely for all your help.

13 years 1 month ago #158350 by krileon
Custom field titles must be added to your language files in order for them to translate. I recommend using defines and not the cbteamplugins method for custom fields. For example your title would be _UE_MYFIELD1. Then in language file you'd translate as follows.

define( '_UE_MYFIELD1', 'This is my field.' );

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CHCG

13 years 1 month ago #158353 by CHCG
Thank you very much. This is the precise information what I needed.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.386 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn