[#7099] Stripe Update?

6 years 2 weeks ago #303576 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Update?
To better explain why some functionality like you're wanting is missing is because CBSubs was designed for and modeled after PayPal usage and data structure. Something like this was never needed for PayPal since your PayPal account stores the payment details and can be updated by each person personally. It doesn't really help solve your problem, but at least helps understand why things work the way they do right now. We've a lot of work ahead of us to make CBSubs even more generic and to pull away from PayPal structure.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 2 weeks ago #303585 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe Update?
thank you for further details. yes this does indeed help with an understanding. it is certainly easier with paypal to update information. however paypal is very restricting in many regards and we've found others service to be much more accommodating, especially for international transactions.
i believe this would be a huge help for us all if you guys can find the time. much appreciated in advance! if at all possible could you update this ticket in the future? i will try to keep an eye out for it as well :)
thank you all for the hard work and support!

5 years 11 months ago #304370 by wjgadmin
Hi I wanted to update this because we had some recent issues from the update process. For example we had 2 members who's cards expired and thus did their subscription. So then they logged in to the site and "renewed" their subscription with their updated card. This caused stripe to have 2 active subscriptions instead of just one. So instead of cancelling out the first subscription ore even simply renewing the single one, it became 2 subscriptions via stripe. So the next month the user would get charged 2 times.
I manually cancelled the new subscription from within stripe and the previous is still showing as active, however I would like to make sure this will still function properly from cbsubs? Meaning will it still update properly via the API or wil there be an issue?
Unfortunately the inability to update the users card or renew makes it difficult to work. I appreciate your thoughts on this behavior and if it will function correctly or if there is anyway to alleviate it from doing that?
Thanks

5 years 11 months ago #304371 by krileon
Was the subscription actually expired at CBSubs? Stripe is partnered with Visa, etc.. and should automatically update expired cards pretty reliably so the user shouldn't have to actually do anything. It sounds like the subscription was expired at CBSubs and renewing it generated a new subscription and thus entirely new basket, but the previous subscription wasn't expired at Stripe. In that case cancelling the previous subscription at Stripe shouldn't cause any harm. Are you using Webhooks to allow Stripe to notify CBSubs about expired cards?

Have added a bug ticket to investigate further. Looks like we need to force the subscription at Stripe to cancel when a failed payment notification (looks like invoice.payment_failed notification) comes through.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304372 by wjgadmin
You're correct, the subscription had expired indeed because it had been over 24 hours and the payment failed. So then they renewed on the site & it created another basket as you mentioned.

Yes we do use webhooks via stripe.

Can you please confirm this for me? Due to a change in our prices, I did not cancel their "original" subscription, I canceled the "new" one that was created. So in stripe it shows that the original one is still active and also shows the upcoming invoice as expected. Also in cbsubs it shows their subscription active as expected. So since the original is still showing active and the new one was canceled via stripe, will that still update cbsubs correctly?

Thank you for adding that to your bug ticket. This would be great to have it so I don't need to worry about duplicate subscriptions/payments for users. They'd be calling quickly and I don't want anyone frustrated from multiple payments even though we can of course offer a quick refund :)

Would you be so kind to update this when it is resolved? I will be updating to the latest build solely because of another item that was updated on the recurring payment promos text, but would like to have this one as soon as it is available! Thank you

5 years 11 months ago #304373 by krileon

Can you please confirm this for me? Due to a change in our prices, I did not cancel their "original" subscription, I canceled the "new" one that was created. So in stripe it shows that the original one is still active and also shows the upcoming invoice as expected. Also in cbsubs it shows their subscription active as expected. So since the original is still showing active and the new one was canceled via stripe, will that still update cbsubs correctly?

I've never tested such a scenario, but in theory it should reactivate their old basket and subscription while the new one they have will cancel. You may want to manually cancel the new subscription in CBSubs > Subscriptions by clicking the number under the id column then reactivating the old so CBSubs matches Stripe.

Will be looking into this issue further tomorrow. The invoice.payment_failed IPN isn't being handled atm, but will in next CBSubs Stripe release. When CBSubs gets that notification I'm going to see if I can just put the basket back into a pending state otherwise it'll have to be cancelled entirely then cancelled at Stripe from CBSubs and they'll have to resubscribe.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn