[#7099] Stripe Update?

5 years 11 months ago #304426 by wjgadmin
Replied by wjgadmin on topic Stripe Update?
also, how can i now handle this? meaning the payment has been made but cbsubs hasn't recognized it. i need to make sure that the recurring payments are setup correctly, meaning they are recognized and handled properly each month. if i manually enable the users subscription would it continue working in the upcoming months?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304427 by wjgadmin
we don't use much caching for reasons like this. but we do use cloudfare, so i did indeed purge it. we also use jchoptimize and i cleared the cache for that also.

could you please advise how to handle this now? meaning i need to give access to that user but i want to make sure it is handling the api calls from stripe. this time it didn't recognize it.

5 years 11 months ago #304428 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe Update?

also, how can i now handle this? meaning the payment has been made but cbsubs hasn't recognized it. i need to make sure that the recurring payments are setup correctly, meaning they are recognized and handled properly each month. if i manually enable the users subscription would it continue working in the upcoming months?

You can pay the basket directly from CBSubs > Baskets to activate their subscription. If a recurring payment comes through it should flip the basket to a recurring basket fine, but yes you can manually force it to recurring within CBSubs > Subscriptions then edit the subscription by clicking the number under the ID column.

could you please advise how to handle this now? meaning i need to give access to that user but i want to make sure it is handling the api calls from stripe. this time it didn't recognize it.

Be absolutely sure you've correctly supplied the proper Stripe API credentials. Ensure there are no leading or trailing spaces in either of the keys. Be sure Webhooks has also been enabled and configured. That's all you should need to do.

As is I don't see how this could even happen unless the JS was cached and attempted to redirect them to a basket that doesn't exist. It is the only way I can see this happening.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304429 by krileon
Since you have one where the payment went through to Stripe check the payment within Stripe and review the attached metadata. I've CBSubs Stripe setup to attach basket id as "order" along with user id and invoice. If it's a recurring subscription those should be attached to the subscription and not the individual recurring payments.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 11 months ago #304430 by wjgadmin
thank you kindly! strange indeed, i'll keep an eye on it. seems like websites are getting more and more difficult these days! we have tried to consolidate down to only your component and a couple others including the use of caching simply because so many issues can arise.
since i purged all cache hopefully it will have resolved itself. i did see one payment come in after that, but it was an upgrade, still using the stripe gateway so that does show it's working. so for the time being we will chalk it up to the cache :) have you seen issues as such with cloudfare?

everything else should be correct because it works otherwise. i checked all of our settings and nothing was changed & they are correct. i guess the later payment proves that?

lastly i am trying to pay manually via the basket and in the Payment Type, i do not see credit card as an option. i want to make sure i don't mess it up. can you please tell me which one i am supposed to select? it appears defaulted to bank transfer, but that's not it. perhaps "credit note" or " "online by other means" ?

thank you very much!

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304431 by krileon

have you seen issues as such with cloudfare?

Depends on the caching. If it's only JS cache it may or may not cause this. If there's PHP caching of any kind then absolutely you can run into these issues. CBSubs will reject a payment on-site to a basket if the basket id doesn't exist or the user attempting to pay the basket isn't the one who started the payment. It's likely that second condition that's being triggered somehow, but none of those checks are any different to the other gateways that accept on-site payments as that functionality isn't unique to Stripe in any way.

lastly i am trying to pay manually via the basket and in the Payment Type, i do not see credit card as an option. i want to make sure i don't mess it up. can you please tell me which one i am supposed to select? it appears defaulted to bank transfer, but that's not it. perhaps "credit note" or " "online by other means" ?

It's irrelevant for the purpose of paying the basket and is for your records only. I suggest "online by other means" in this case.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn