What am I working on?

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #299041 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic What am I working on?
Just an update on migration progress. It's coming along slowly. Tab conditions are migrating well. Field conditions are proving problematic and there's a few concerns regarding multiple conditions. For example if Condition 1 shows the field based off the value of X and Condition 2 hides the field based off a usergroup it's not possible to reverse the usergroup condition. In all other cases i'd just reverse the operator and the condition would be the same. So usergroup and view access level conditions may have some difficulties migrating if the tab or field is being conditioned multiples and only if the operator would have to reverse. This is because a tab or field can be conditioned to show or hide exclusively; you can't have a different mode per condition as we'd be back to square one with current conflict issues in 4.x and previous builds.

With that said hopefully everyone is liking the new UX for AND/OR conditioning available in 5.0.0-beta.1.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #299125 by krileon
CB Conditional 5.0.0 Beta 2 is officially released. Migration code is now implemented. If you intend to update a live site please do so on a clone first or at the very least have a full backup. I suggest anyone with a large amount of conditions clone their site, install beta 2, then recheck all their conditions against their live site to be sure everything is still working as close as possible to what it originally was.

I've made best effort to try and migrate everything as smoothly as possible, but some usecases simply do not exist anymore. Specifically conditional others are now migrated to conditional self usecases (on the fields that were being shown or hidden) and treated as OR cases on fields. Conditioning of a fields options has been completely removed. Condition param tabs 1 - 5 will be merged down and turned into AND cases. Please keep all of this in mind when upgrading.

You can download CB Conditional 5.0.0 Beta 2 by selecting it from the dropdown or directly on our Releases page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/news/releases

The final major feature for 5.0.0 will be the following.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6864

Basically each condition will be able to apply to different locations. What this means is you could have an OR case where 1 condition applies to profile edit, 1 to registration, and 1 to both profile edit and registration. This should also solve the final issue with migration meaning the only conditions that can't migrate are option conditions since that functionality won't exist.

Please note there will be no migration between beta releases. Some changes are still planned for either Beta 3 or Stable as the next release. This is primarily for testing and feedback purposes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

6 years 4 months ago #299182 by krileon
Ok, the final beta release is here. CB Conditional 5.0.0 Beta 3 is now available. Stable should be releasing early next week. Location has been moved to be per-condition instead of applying to all conditions on the tab or field. What this means for example is you can have an AND/OR case only apply to Profile Edit while having another apply only to Profile View, etc.. You'll be able to configure this using the below parameters.

By default they're collapsed to keep the UI clean. Check out the below to see how it looks and how to expand these parameters.

Once expanded you'll see the below.

I also recommend installing the latest CB build that should be available later today or tomorrow for some quality of life improvements to our repeat usage, which will help prevent the location params from resetting to No when adding a new condition (for the new condition, the existing conditions won't reset their values).

Note for migration to take affect it's checking if legacy plugin params exist. So be sure to save CB Conditional plugin params at least once to be sure migration takes affect.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

6 years 3 months ago #299335 by krileon
CB Conditional 5.0.0 stable is officially released. It's recommended to install latest CB build as well. Migration for previous CB Conditional releases has been implemented (please ensure you've saved CB Conditional configuration at least once so it knows to migrate as it's too heavy to check every field on every install). Please note conditioning of a fields options has been completely removed; there will be no migration path for such usage. All conditional others usages will migrate into conditional self OR cases.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn