CB Conditional to Search members by countries/states cascading dropdown fields

3 years 5 months ago #320948 by Chris041973
Regarding the 'SEARCH members by countries/states cascading dropdown fields' :
For that functionality you'll need to use Query Select fields provided by CB Query Field.

Great news !! We need 'CB Query Field' Adds-Ons and NOT 'CB Conditional' Adds-Ons or other ...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Please do you have the option 'You have received X new messages' in the CB Login module with your new CB private messaging ?
It doesn't matter if you're using the internal PMS functionality or UddeIM. That display is the same regardless and is enabled in your CB Login Module.

We don't recommend to install outdated extension like UddeIM (2017, Joomla v3.5). Moreover, when we tried to installed UddeIM in the past, we received the message below:
'Error
Unable to detect manifest file.'
It might be a version issue ....
Anyway No problem, your CB private messaging is much better and can display 'X New Message' in the CB Workflow module.
CB Workflow module : In the Module Tab, there is a setting called 'Private Message Notifications', select the option 'Show New Messages'
Therefore, the front-end user will know in all pages as soon as he/she receive a new private message (please find attached the screen shot).
Moreover, we don't need to delete the messages in MySQL because we can delete them by dates in the Joomla admin panel ... it's great ...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We understand your answer regarding the speed of your Demo. Moreover, we might be plenty of concurrent users logged with the same Demo User account at the same time ...!!!
We use JCH Optimizer, CDN, Google Cloud, ... Our site is much more simple (attached screen shot) because it's just a tool to search for Members, maybe Groups and no more : NO photos (except Avatar that we plan to reduce the size), NO activities, NO forum, NO gallery, NO subscription, NO google maps, NO .... we just need a light template like Protostar, even lighter if we could find it ... no problem about the beauty, it's just a tool but it need to be functional ...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have 2 more questions :

1) Search for Groups with Search Fields :
We might add the *Group* feature, then we believe that we need your CB GroupJive Add-Ons
Moreover, we need to search Groups by Category (one single Select Field) and by Country (one single Select Field)
In your list of Add-Ons, we can see : *CB Field Groups*
But in your Demo, we can only search for Groups with one search field
Please could we search for Groups (2 single select fields) with your *CB Field Groups* add-ons ?
For information, we won't use the Group feature if we cannot search Groups according to Category & Country

2) *Add to Favorite* button + *My Favorite Profiles* List
With CB or Add-ons, could we add a button called *Add to favorite* or similar on each profile and create a new menu Tab or menu item called *My Favorite Profiles* where the front-end user could save and delete a list of favorite profiles ? If yes, what is the name of the Adds-on ?
If not, no problem because we could use a third party extension but like the above private messaging we would prefer to use your products for reliability reason ...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Our first plan was to buy your 1 year package for $259 ...
It takes 10 minutes to install Joomla, CB and create a user list and few simple search fields ...
But if we are blocked later, we might have to apply for training and due to limited budget, we might buy your 3 months package for $99 (+ training if required) instead of the 1 year package ... or only one Add-Ons, it depends on your answer regarding the above question number 1)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #320958 by krileon

Great news !! We need 'CB Query Field' Adds-Ons and NOT 'CB Conditional' Adds-Ons or other ...

You'll need CB Conditional if you don't want the State field to display until a Country has been selected, but yes otherwise you don't need CB Conditional and only need CB Query Field.

1) Search for Groups with Search Fields :

CB GroupJive doesn't add fields to a users profile. It's for community groups. It can't be searched from a userlist. See the below demo regarding CB GroupJive.

Product Page
www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-groupjive

All Groups
demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/cb-groupjive/all-groups

Group
demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/cb-groupjive/all-groups/1-community-builder-add-ons/5-cb-activity

All Categories
demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/cb-groupjive/all-categories

Category
demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/cb-groupjive/all-categories/1-community-builder-add-ons

Please could we search for Groups (2 single select fields) with your *CB Field Groups* add-ons ?

CB Field Groups just allows grouping of fields and repeating of those groups. It's nothing like CB GroupJive for example. Details can be found below as to exactly what it does.

Product Page
www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-field-groups

Demo
demo.cbdemosites.com/demos/cb-field-groups

Login and visit profile edit for edit demo of CB Field Groups.

Don't really understand what you mean in regards to 2 select fields. You should be able to simply just create 2 select fields and mark them as searchable.

With CB or Add-ons, could we add a button called *Add to favorite* or similar on each profile and create a new menu Tab or menu item called *My Favorite Profiles* where the front-end user could save and delete a list of favorite profiles ? If yes, what is the name of the Adds-on ?

We've no functionality for that, but I suppose you could use the built in Connections feature for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 5 months ago #320961 by Chris041973
We don’t know what package to buy because we don’t understand the features of your CB extension rgarding the Group feature.

Anyway, I am going to explain again what we don’t understand in your product regarding the GROUP feature because the first explanation might be be enough clear too ... but it's very very simple ...

PAGE 1 : Screen shoot called ‘1 - Page SEARCH for Group’ :
On the left side, you can see a green button called *+ New Group*
On the right side, you can see a search field (with a loupe)

Now, we click on the green button *+ New Group*, see PAGE 2

PAGE 2 : Screen shoot called ‘2 - Page ADD a new Group’ :
You can see a select field called ‘Categrory’ with 2 options (Uncategorized, User Proposed)

Question 1 : Where could we find this ‘Categrory’ select field in your Joomla admin panel ? we don’t find it in your *Field Management* of your Admin Panel …
Question 2 : What is the purpose of this ‘Category’ select field in the ADD Group because we cannot SEARCH for Group by *Category' (no search by Category in the PAGE 1) ? it doesn’t make sense …

We ask you these 2 questions because :
PAGE 2 : we need to ADD new Groups according to ‘Category’ field (like your demo) and ‘Location’ (list of country select field)
PAGE 1 : we need to SEARCH for Group according to ‘Category’ field and ‘Location’ (list of country select field) but we cannot see any search by ‘Category’ in the PAGE 1 !!!

Question 3 : Why CB add a ‘Category’ field in the PAGE 2 because we cannot search for ‘Category’ in the PAGE 1 ?

Question : for our simple project we need to ADD and SEARCH new Groups according to ‘Category’ field and ‘Location’ (list of country select field) and could we do it with your CB Joomla extension ??
Attachments:

3 years 5 months ago #320962 by krileon

We don’t know what package to buy because we don’t understand the features of your CB extension rgarding the Group feature.

Read the product pages and then try them on our demo site. Do whatever you want to the demo site. It resets regularly so you can change anything you've access to as much as you like. Each product page contains several imagines showing its features and feature block text describing its features. These are scheduled to all be improved since we're currently working on our sites usability as we speak.

Question 1 : Where could we find this ‘Categrory’ select field in your Joomla admin panel ? we don’t find it in your *Field Management* of your Admin Panel …

CB GroupJive is not fields. It has nothing to do with profiles. It's a plugin that provides community groups. It is managed entirely through CB GroupJive. Categories are managed entirely from backend within CB GroupJive > Categories. Its goal is to provide similar functionality to Facebook Groups. Plugin management can be found on the top menu under Community Builder > Plugin Management. There you'll see GroupJive.

Question 2 : What is the purpose of this ‘Category’ select field in the ADD Group because we cannot SEARCH for Group by *Category' (no search by Category in the PAGE 1) ? it doesn’t make sense …

As the name implies it's to categorize groups. You can search categories perfectly fine on the categories page (see my links above). Categories are optional if you don't want to use them simply don't create any categories.

Question : for our simple project we need to ADD and SEARCH new Groups according to ‘Category’ field and ‘Location’ (list of country select field) and could we do it with your CB Joomla extension ??

For category yes as explained above. For location no as there is no location field for groups or their categories

I think you're misunderstanding what CB GroupJive does. Please slow down and read the product page below to better understand the purpose of the plugin.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-groupjive

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.434 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn