Chronoforms to CBSubs

14 years 9 months ago #106419 by daemonhunt
Replied by daemonhunt on topic Re:Chronoforms to CBSubs
Hi Krileon

Maybe you could PM Bob or Max from Chronoforms and give them some clues/keys, and they'll be able to help get things rolling?

My client just saw the CB form versus the Chronoform and understood my issue.

To tell the truth, even if CB had a way of creating just basic multi-page forms, then that would help a lot.

Sounds as if I'll just have to cope with a long, linear CB form for now, get the whole thing working, and just wait...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #106457 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Chronoforms to CBSubs
Tabbed registration forms is possible with JS. You'd need to develop a plugin that utilizes before registration form display trigger. You'd need to use JS to move inputs around or might be possible with some clever php editing of the template file.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #106767 by daemonhunt
Okay, so how are we going? Any other thoughts about my questions out there?

Someone has now given me PHP code on the Chronoforms forum that populates the CBSubs table with a new row on submit from my custom form, but I'd still like to know a POST value that takes the user to the CB Subs plugin to finish payment.

The ion encoding means I can't look at the code! Surely you can make this basic information available?

Post edited by: daemonhunt, at: 2009/08/03 23:29

14 years 9 months ago #106773 by krileon
This isn't basic information. The payment process is a very security process and goes through many checks to ensure it's directing to the absolute correct place. You can redirect to a SINGLE plan selection page very easily. Review your plans then edit your chronoform form to redirect a user to that plan URL.

Example:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=6

You can display multiple plans with:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=6-8-12

Replace the values after &plans= with your plans ID.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #106777 by daemonhunt
Thanks Krileon, but this has been repeated several times, and I already know how to do this.

In my Chronoform, the user fills out username/password data at the beginning of the form as an initial process amongst other contact details that I wish (including address data etc). Remember that this is a multipage form requesting info across 2 pages in total (contact details on page 1, then supplemental details on page 2)

Simply redirecting the page on submit to the single plan page doesn't forward this username/password information across of course as it is only a redirection. I want this username/password information to be passed on to the plan, NOT to ask for it when it hits the plan as this upsets the flow of the sign-up process. Do you understand what I am saying?

All the information that the user fills in on the Chronoform populates equivalent tables in both CB and CB Subs successfully, I just wanted CB Subs to handle the completion of the process i.e. the payment page.

I am able to offer a developer's login if you wish me to PM you, then you might understand better.

Thanks Again

14 years 9 months ago #106816 by krileon
If you select initial fields in CBSubs global configuration you may select fields that will populate a users invoice for the first time (address, company, etc...).

You can not pass information to the CBSubs payment page for them to be populated. Even if you could direct to the payment page it will not pass the information as this is now how CBSubs is designed. It will not grab POST info.

Register the user, redirect them to the plan page. That is your option. Ensure initial fields have been selected and it will populate for the user.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds