Format of user list (data)

14 years 11 months ago #99301 by Aly
Format of user list (data) was created by Aly
As I have posted in another thread, I have in the realm of 850 members on my site -- each with a different expiration date that is NOT entered in the joomla/CB database.

I am building a new site with CBSubs and need to bring these members over -- and ENTER EACH of their expiration dates to get the ball rolling.

My server is currently down but project is on a deadline. Is there any way I can see the format of a user data table so that I can not lose time in getting this manual data set up? I literally have to go one-by-one to enter their current expiration information before I can import the data over.

I thought I could use this server downtime to catch up with some offline work by creating the proper format of user info to import into CB.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #99318 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Format of user list (data)
Aly wrote:

As I have posted in another thread, I have in the realm of 850 members on my site -- each with a different expiration date that is NOT entered in the joomla/CB database.

I am building a new site with CBSubs and need to bring these members over -- and ENTER EACH of their expiration dates to get the ball rolling.

My server is currently down but project is on a deadline. Is there any way I can see the format of a user data table so that I can not lose time in getting this manual data set up? I literally have to go one-by-one to enter their current expiration information before I can import the data over.

I thought I could use this server downtime to catch up with some offline work by creating the proper format of user info to import into CB.

Thanks.

To import in CB/Joomla you should use CB Juice.

Then use the CBSubs import to give these users needed subscription.

14 years 11 months ago #99323 by Aly
Replied by Aly on topic Re:Format of user list (data)
I already have CB users in a Joomla 1.0 site but the individual subscription/expiration dates are not included.

I have been processing that all manually using an external spreadsheet; enabling new members manually in CB or disabling expired members manually in Joomla.

All I need to do is get each of those current user's subscription dates entered into the NEW CB /CBSubs site so that it is all in synch.

If I understand correctly, all I need to do is manually enter the subscription dates for these users via Joomla/CB/CBSubs -- correct?

I was just hoping I could save time by creating the data offline while my server was inaccessible.

But if I can simply import all current users from the J1.0 CB to the new J1.5 CB site, and manually enter their subscription dates there -- I shouldn't need to use Juice? Is that correct?

14 years 11 months ago #99348 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Format of user list (data)
CB Juice will help import all your users into your new site. No manual work required.

Using CBSubs import will help assign all users to any designated subscription(s) you want. This includes subscribe date.

No manual work necessary.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #102243 by Aly
Replied by Aly on topic Re:Format of user list (data)
I'm sorry, I really seem to have a mental block on this issue.

So Site A (the old site) has 2000 some users; half are "disabled" due to non-renewal. I need to only export the half that are currently active members.

NONE of these users have an expiration date entered via joomla/CB

I need to EXPORT the active CB users with CB Juice.
Then IMPORT to Site B (the new site, running CBSubs, with the basic annual membership package configured)

BUT won't this just assign all users the exact same subscription date (import date?) I NEED TO CUSTOMIZE start/end dates for every single one of them.

In another thread it was suggested to export user tables via PHPMyAdmin and edit in OpenOffice, inserting plan ID, start and end dates, etc. then importing that.

So I am looking for the best method of accomplishing this. I know I have posted multiple times but I am sorry to say I'm just still a bit confused. So thanks in advance everyone!

14 years 11 months ago #102314 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Format of user list (data)
You need to import the users into CB/Joomla before you can "import subscriptions". The importing of subscriptions does NOT create users.

You can set individual expiration dates for users using CBSubs import. There are multiple methods permitted (and explained) in CBSubs import.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn