Error

Please login first

Format of user list (data)

14 years 10 months ago #102670 by 3cellhosting
Replied by 3cellhosting on topic Re:Format of user list (data)
Hi Aly,

For the benefit of others who may read this thread too...

Once you have done the comparison you will need to remove the columns from jos-users as CB Juice will not be expecting them and will abort.

Passwords is an issue with CB Juice. I always delete the password contents as they get exported as encrypted from the database but CB Juice imports them as text. So to avoid password issues either delete the contents or column; alternatively enter passwords in clear text. I would opt to delete.

I found that the recent site I did with 2000+ users kept breaking because there was a comments field and it had lots of double quote marks " and commas , both of which caused me some real headaches.

The other 'glitch' was the fact that the client database was stored in western format so the £ (GBP sign) truncated every comment at the sign and then moved all the data to the wrong fields. I solved this by doing advanced export with Access and changed style to utf8 for export and used the tilde (~) sign as the field delimiter.

I was using an external database though.

Aly - I have sent you a private message.

Regards

David

Post edited by: 3cellhosting, at: 2009/06/21 10:53

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #102768 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Format of user list (data)
I believe the best method to transfer users over is to simply export the user, then import them into your new installation using phpmyadmin or whatever preferred database management.

Either way transferring users over is a very complicated matter. Importing the users subscriptions however is very straight forward (instructions are provided for each import type when you select it from the drop-down), but requires the users to exist in joomla/cb first. As it's subscription import. Not user import.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 10 months ago #102795 by Aly
Replied by Aly on topic Re:Format of user list (data)
After much trial and error and many many hours, I aborted plan A and opted to migrate the original site and upgrade to Joomla 1.5. This kept all of my CB users intact.

So I think I am going to work with this (my 4th development install for this one project! :blink: ) and RE-install CBSubs (again), re-configure, etc.

Question:
If I import all my users to the CBSubs I created, can I then go through each and manually set as expired the ones who are not currently paid up?

14 years 10 months ago #102796 by Aly
Replied by Aly on topic Re:Format of user list (data)
After much trial and error and many many hours, I aborted plan A and opted to migrate the original site and upgrade to Joomla 1.5. This kept all of my CB users intact.

So I think I am going to work with this (my 4th development install for this one project! :blink: ) and RE-install CBSubs (again), re-configure, etc.

Post edited by: Aly, at: 2009/06/22 20:36

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn