[SOLVED] CBSubs GPL PayPal Advanced Signup Questions

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #222105 by cegarrett
I'm a new CBsubs GPL user and am trying to setup a payment Gateway. I have the Login Information (setup up by the Client) for Paypal Advanced. I have permission to setup whatever else needed to get the payment gateway working but I'm really not sure where to start.

I believe that I need to setup a Pay flow account also but setting up a Payflow asks me for a Processor. I don't have a Payment Processor (I thought that is what PayPal is).

Also Do I need Payflo Pro or can I get by with Payflo Link?

I don't want to pay anymore monthly fees than necessary because this is still in startup mode without any income for a few more months.

Thanks in advance,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #222190 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs GPL PayPal Advanced Signup Questions
Please see the below topic for configuration instructions.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cbsubs-gpl-support/219832-cbsubs-gpl-paypal-advanced-30

PayPal Advanced includes Payflow Pro (Basic) and Payflow Link (Basic). You do not need to sign up for them separately. You do need to purchase the Recurring add-on if you want to accept recurring payments though.

To begin navigate to www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/merchant and click "Get Started" under Advanced.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #222205 by cegarrett
Replied by cegarrett on topic CBSubs GPL PayPal Advanced Signup Questions
I've tried following the Information shown in the CBsubs ONLINE instructions (setup under paypal advance under gateways) and the instructions in the forum post shown above.

As far as the above mentioned directions. Where do I setup the "Vendor"?

The Online in CBSUBS shows. My account, Profile, My Selling Tools, API Access, Request API Credentials, (im good to here but I get lost looking for) Set up Payflow Pro API access. the Only options I have are "Request API signature" or "Request API certificate"

Forgive me for being stupid but I've looked and looked and can't seem to figure this out.

11 years 1 month ago #222209 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs GPL PayPal Advanced Signup Questions
There is no instructions in the documentation for PayPal Advanced, it was just released recently and the documentation has not been updated with it. Documentation contains instructions for Standard and Pro, please see the URL I supplied for exact configuration instructions. Please also see the URL below the first URL above for purchase PayPal Advanced purchase process.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #222213 by cegarrett
The Documentation that I refer to is from the Tool tips during the setup of the Gateway in CBsubs (GPL).

11 years 1 month ago #222228 by cegarrett
I finally got the Owner of the account to go back thru his emails and he did in-fact have a Vendor ID. Hopefully I can get this setup now. Thanks for dealing with me.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn