CBSubs GPL PayPal Advanced 3.0

11 years 2 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #221533 by krileon
CBSubs GPL PayPal Advanced 3.0 was created by krileon
Have just released a new CBSubs GPL gateway to provide support for PayPal Advanced. PayPal Advanced allows you to accept payments directly on your site via credit cards (using Layout C, A and B can also be used) without the headache of PCI compliance. This is done via an iframe loaded on a custom credit card page when selecting the PayPal payment button. PayPal Advanced also optionally allows rendering of Express Checkout (single payments only) to accept credits and PayPal payments from a single gateway.

Please see the below details regarding this new gateway.

Instructions
PayPal Manager (manager.paypal.com/)
1) Input "Vendor" to gateway configuration
2) Input "User" to gateway configuration
3) Input "Password" to gateway configuration
4) "Apply" gateway configuration

PayPal Manager > Service Settings > Hosted Checkout Pages > Set Up
1) Copy cancel url from gateway configuration to "Enter Cancel URL"
2) Set "Cancel URL Method" to "POST"
3) Set "Show confirmation page" to "On my website"
4) Copy return url from gateway configuration to "Enter Return URL"
5) Set "Return URL Method" to "POST"
6) Set "Use Silent Post" to "Yes"
7) Copy notify url from gateway configuration to "Enter Silent Post URL"
8) Set "Enable Secure Token" to "Yes"

Test Account Registration
registration.paypal.com/welcomePage.do?country=US&mode=try

Test Credit Cards
American Express: 378282246310005 10/15 000
Visa: 4111111111111111 10/15 000

Notes
1) Recurring supports only specific durations (see below list); other durations will attempt to convert.. invalid periods will throw an error during conversion and will be forced to single payment (this is always the fail safe)
2) Recurring is established after successful payment. If recurring fails it'll be forced to a single payment as payment was already successful.
3) Recurring requires an upgraded account, basic Advanced package does NOT include it.. if api call fails it'll force the purchase as a single payment
4) When express checkout is displayed it does not support recurring billing.. all purchases through it will be forced as single payment.. this is an issue on PayPals end failing to establish billing agreements when parameters are sent as recurring... express checkout can be disabled however
5) Bill me later was not tested, assumed works same as express checkout; test with caution

Supported Recurring Durations
7 Days (Changed to 1 Week)
14 Days (Changed to Every Two Weeks)
15 Days (Changed to Twice Every Month)
28 Days (Changed to Every Four Weeks)
30 Days (Changed to 1 Month)
90 Days (Changed to Every Three Months)
180 Days (Changed to Every Six Months)
365 Days (Changed to 1 Year)
1 Week
2 Weeks (Changed to Every Two Weeks)
4 Weeks (Changed to Every Four Weeks)
1 Month
3 Months (Changed to Every Three Months)
6 Months (Changed to Every Six Months)
12 Months (Changed to 1 Year)
1 Year

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, DrWhoo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #235246 by flabango
Replied by flabango on topic CBSubs GPL PayPal Advanced 3.0
Hello, I can't get PayPal to register the transaction as recurring. They show up in CBsubs correctly as recurring, but in Paypal as a single payment.

I'm in contact with Paypal support. I inquired about disabling "Express Checkout" and their response was "it can't be disabled, just don't use it". I'm not sure what that means.

All my settings are set as described above in this thread. Do you know what could be causing this? Does it have anything to do with disabling Express Checkout?

Thanks for you help.

Client is using:
Joomla 2.5
CB 1.9
CBsubs GPL 3.0
Paypal Advanced
Recurring payments are set at every month for 12 months.

10 years 6 months ago #235298 by flabango
PayPal thinks it's on your end. They say CBSubs is not creating a recurring profile on the PayPal side. Any thoughts?

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #235307 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs GPL PayPal Advanced 3.0
Express Checkout can't do recurring payments; see #4 under Notes of my original post were I explain this. It can only create a recurring profile if you use credit card usage. Express Checkout can indeed be disabled from your PayPal Manager account as follows.

PayPal Manager > Service Settings > Hosted Checkout Pages > Set Up > PayPal Express Checkout > Enable PayPal Express Checkout: > No

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #235310 by flabango
I double checked. There is no way for me to disable Express Checkout from my Paypal manager as you describe. Apparently they've changed it. Here is a screen shot of the page... any ideas? Thanks
awesomescreenshot.com/0951uejnfc

10 years 6 months ago #235473 by flabango
Bump... can you confirm that PayPal doesn't allow you to disable Express Checkout? Any suggestions?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn