[SOLVED] Ghosts users?

11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #226095 by tonyhacks
Replied by tonyhacks on topic Ghosts users?

Meaning you've a backdoor registration process available

Maybe, but I don't know what door..?

then stopped when it asked them to pay and cancelled their basket,

But There is no payment for this plan, it's a free plan. So I don't k,ow why they would like cancell...?

PM backend super administrator

Ok I give you mote infotmations from PM

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 week ago #226347 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Ghosts users?
Have reviewed your install and I can't see anything within CB to allow this. The registrations have to be coming from some sort of API call as they don't have CB fields populated properly (approval and confirmation) and have no plan. They won't be able to login, but they'll still exist at its worst.

I think they maybe coming through Ads Manager as it seams to have the capability of registering users. Another possibility is AcyMailing. You've both these extensions to allow full public usage and it's possible they're creating a user so they can post ads or subscribe to newsletters.

You also appear to have no Captcha usage anywhere, this is a very bad idea for public forms. You should add CB Captcha for CBs registration process then enable, somehow, captcha for your adsmanager usage to avoid spam posting.

Also note you allow free registrations without a subscription within CBSubs > Settings > Global so a user registering without a plan is actually a perfectly acceptable usage on your site. As you have a free lifetime plan I suggest turning off free registrations without a subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 days ago - 11 years 6 days ago #226501 by tonyhacks
Thanks again to take time,

ths is my answers below:

I think they maybe coming through Ads Manager

It never arrived before 2013 March (Cbsubs Update) so I don't know why it can coming through Ads Manager now...?

Another possibility is AcyMailing

Same answer... it worked well before...

You also appear to have no Captcha

I install AdsManager Captcha now, but i didn't download CB Captcha when I had Advanced Licence, it seems to late now..

As you have a free lifetime plan I suggest turning off free registrations without a subscription.

It's done!

We are waiting to see if settings are better now...

11 years 5 days ago #226590 by tonyhacks
No need to wait for a long time, new bugg yesterday. Nearly 10% of new subscriptions are wrong. So it's directly revenue less for my customer... :dry:

I try all your settings, but like I said before, i'm pretty sure it's a bugg caused after Cbsubs3 install and not bad setting or registration trough another component (like AdsManaer or Acymailing).

So I recap our problem:

1. Someone want to do a new registration and use main Form from our site.
2. After save form. After that two choice cames:

- Subscriber see a confirmation message for admin moderation, recived an email to valid his subscription --> ALL IS GOOD

- Or Subscriber don't see confirmtion message, back to the index.php url, don't receive an email, ans (from the admin) all this fields are empty --> ALL IS BAD

Problem came in begining of March, after a update from CBsubs 3 where there were a clash (blanck page) during CB plugin update. I must make a full backup with Akkeba to restore.

So My question:

How must I do to cleanly uninstall and re install cb and cbsubs without loose settings?

11 years 3 days ago #226694 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Ghosts users?
Please PM the username of a user this recently happened to so I can compare it to a normal user.

It sounds like they are cancelling their basket or their basket is expiring from non-payment. This can happen if they haven't paid in time before basket expires. You can adjust how long a basket is kept within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Baskets then adjusting "Payment basket timeouts" as needed. For example if it's set to 24hrs and if 24hrs is up then the basket is deleted. If you require confirmation before payment then perhaps they're waiting to long to confirm? This doesn't explain fields being empty though.

How must I do to cleanly uninstall and re install cb and cbsubs without loose settings?

Just install over top of it self. Don't uninstall. Not sure what a reinstall would do for you though unless files were corrupt or modified.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 days ago - 11 years 3 days ago #226703 by tonyhacks

You can adjust how long a basket is kept within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Baskets then adjusting "Payment basket timeouts" as needed. For example if it's set to 24hrs and if 24hrs is up then the basket is deleted. If you require confirmation before payment then perhaps they're waiting to long to confirm

Basket Time settings was 3 hours in front end (default settings) and I put 12hours for trying....

NOTE:

I note many Times bugg appear when a user try to subscribe twice in few times. I explain.

1. New user subscribe and set his e-mail to finish his registration.
2. He don't receive his e-mail confirmation (for many reasons) and subscribe again.
3. Generaly, bugg appear with empty fields during this second registration etc...

In my back office we often saw 1 registration with no confirmation follow from 1 same user with bugg..

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.366 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn