After successful installation of CB and CBSubs I now cant access front end of site & cbsubsbot issue ...

10 years 4 months ago #237924 by krileon
Yes, you should be using CBSubs 3.0 which is GPL. For the templates the latest is their GPL releases, but I don't think they work on J1.5.

So what is the purpose of the mod_cbcontent_1.5.zip file? I don't recall seeing this in the other download.

It's a Joomla module that functions similar to Joomlas Custom HTML module except it processes substitutions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #237930 by IAAF
Thanks so much, found the cbsubsbot, installed and the error is gone.

I just successfully migrated one of my other sites from Joomla 1.7 to 3.1 and did not run into this bot problem or the inability to access the front-end. It actually went quite smoothly. I updated all the CB code in the original site (after of course backing up everything) and then migrated data from old site to new site with all current software. I was repeating all the same steps but I don't think that I upgraded the coolness template in the Joomla 1.5 site. The only difference is the original state was joomla 1.5 vs 1.7.

I'll try reverting back to the older version of coolness.

10 years 4 months ago #237994 by IAAF
According to my host, I had run out of space while installing the first time so they suspect that not all code was installed. Reclaimed space and re-installed the packages (minus the template & joomla ones). Now getting all these date/time warnings on every page of the site - see attached image - but am at least able to access the frontend without getting 500 browser errors.

When I tried to log in, I received the 2nd image again - date-time errors and now can't view any pages. I'm assuming if cache is cleared I would be able to access all pages again.

I see that the CB coolness template 1.6 is available on the package page - should this be the version to install vs the newest version? I also see that the Joomla Modules section contains various versions to install as well, so should I have installed the older versions instead of the newest? if yes, then which one - 1.7?

I apologize for all the questions - thanks for all the help

Donna
Attachments:

10 years 4 months ago #237995 by krileon

Now getting all these date/time warnings on every page of the site - see attached image - but am at least able to access the frontend without getting 500 browser errors.

Host issue. They may have mktime disabled or not compiled with PHP. Alternative is your timezone setting in PHP.ini maybe invalid. Contact your host for further details. We could not use PHPs timezone setting until recently as in previous PHP versions it was not available, but now that Joomlas PHP minimum has increased we'll be updating as needed in future releases.

I see that the CB coolness template 1.6 is available on the package page - should this be the version to install vs the newest version? I also see that the Joomla Modules section contains various versions to install as well, so should I have installed the older versions instead of the newest? if yes, then which one - 1.7?

You can't use the GPL templates. They are for J2.5+ only and will not work on J1.5.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #238106 by IAAF
Your support is the best and I so GREATLY appreciate you all. Sometimes I feel silly asking what may be stupid questions but you are always very helpful and lead me in the right direction. Sometimes its just frustration and you all just make everything right again.

You, again, were right on with the above mktime issue. I had just recently switched to a new host so settings were not the same as before. Contacted the host and they fixed it right away.

My new site is up and running (well 90% at least), have migrated all data except CBSubs and everything is starting to look pretty good.

I have 3 small issues that I have been exploring all day and still clueless how to resolve. I apparently can't access firebug due to an issue with it right now so am limited as to how to pinpoint the piece of code to change.

FIXED: 1. Need to increase area for site logo from 180 to 400px as I had in the older version (see previous support ticket for same problem in older Coolness version ). I tried to recreate the changes I had previously made but the code in the index.php file is very different than the older version. I was able to widen the space from 180 to 400px in the 1st piece of code but not the second. Just wondered if anyone knew how to fix.

2. Still have the issue with 'Home' showing up in the body of the site (similar to another post earlier from my other site). This is pretty much out of the box right now as I have not made many changes, and is the same problem I still have with another site. It has to be something simple like setting a page heading to 'off' but I just can't find it.

3. none of my menu items were showing up after migration of data (settings looked fine and were just as they were in the joomla 1.5 version) but now the 'left' position for menu's in coolness template is not working for me. I tried every option and position 7 seemed to work - but only for one menu. I have tried every other position, but can not get the other 3 menus to show up on the left side. Again, I'm sure its something silly that I just have not done, but still very frustrating :( .

As always, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. You and your team have always been so very responsive and are just such a tremendous help - just want to thank you again so much and let you know how much this means to me.

Donna
current site I'm working on is: www.BlairAlumni.org/j3
Attachments:

10 years 4 months ago #238153 by krileon

2. Still have the issue with 'Home' showing up in the body of the site (similar to another post earlier from my other site). This is pretty much out of the box right now as I have not made many changes, and is the same problem I still have with another site. It has to be something simple like setting a page heading to 'off' but I just can't find it.

Edit your Home menu item within Joomla > Menus > Your Menu then set "Show Page Heading" to "No". That should get rid of it.

3. none of my menu items were showing up after migration of data (settings looked fine and were just as they were in the joomla 1.5 version) but now the 'left' position for menu's in coolness template is not working for me. I tried every option and position 7 seemed to work - but only for one menu. I have tried every other position, but can not get the other 3 menus to show up on the left side. Again, I'm sure its something silly that I just have not done, but still very frustrating

Menu positions between J1.5 and J2.5+ are completely different. So you'll need to edit your modules and adjust their positions as needed. You can use the preview feature Joomla provides within Joomlas template manager to see module positions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: IAAF

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.483 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn